You are here

Thank you, Scan!

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Thank you, Scan!

Postby The Red Bladder » Wed May 08, 2019 4:39 pm

I have just received an order from Scan Computers and the service was absolutely first class and the prices some of the cheapest out there. One of the items (4K movie camera) came from the wholesaler and was old stock and possibly defective, so Scan arranged immediately for a temporary replacement from the wholesaler until a new camera could be sent from the manufacturer.

Part of the order was a workstation and we even got pictures of it being assembled! A nice touch, I thought! It is in a 19" housing and looks very good and came with 16 card-slots on the front. I also ordered a microphone and, well, you would not get a used one on eBay at that price! The Xeen lens set, Atomos recorder-monitor, projector and other bits and bobs were also just as keenly priced.

In this age of shoddy service by far too many UK companies, all I can say is 'Well done the folks at Scan!'

I'm sure I shall be back for more stuff as things progress!
The Red Bladder
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Re: Thank you, Scan!

Postby Martin Walker » Wed May 08, 2019 5:28 pm

:headbang: Many of us have already experienced this great service from Scan, Monsieur Bladder, and having Pete from Scan posting here on our very own SOS Forums is certainly a wonderful asset as well! :clap:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby The Korff » Wed May 08, 2019 7:17 pm

Ditto, I've only ever had excellent service over the years I've used 'em!
The Korff
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Pete Kaine » Thu May 09, 2019 10:43 am

Full credit to my colleagues over in the video team on this one, I was completely out of the loop! I have since heard from Emily about your project and that you had paid us a visit in person, but the news only reached me after you had already left the store.

Glad to hear that they managed to get this all in order for you though and I'll make sure to pass on your kind feedback.
Pete Kaine
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Kit to fuel your G.A.S - https://www.scan.co.uk/shop/pro-audio

Postby uncleswede » Thu May 09, 2019 11:16 am

+1 for Scan :clap:

I bought a 3XS studio PC from Scan a couple of years ago which, alongside my RME interface and Reaper, has been faultless, running at 7ms round trip latency whatever I throw at it :-)
uncleswede
New here

Postby The Red Bladder » Thu May 09, 2019 11:47 am

I also looked at other possible suppliers in France and Germany, but Scan was the only place where I could get it all from one supplier and therefore able to do a deal on the overall price.

One UK supplier was adamant that I should buy cheaper lenses, largely I suspected because that is all he had to offer. Another could not supply the camera I wanted. But the most bizarre was one that thought I was either joking or deliberately trolling him. "We've got problems enough, without you taking the pish!"

Rather than argue the point, I put the phone down, safe in the knowledge that I knew exactly why they had "problems enough"!

I could not deal with the audio department, as we have all the audio toys you can shake a stick at (apart from that one MKH416)! In fact, we've just opened a post-prod and viewing room and have customers waiting for me to open a dedicated video editing room - just as soon as I have cleared all the rubbish out of there! At the moment our main control room has to double as a video editing space, so whilst someone is working the desk on one side, someone else is cutting a docu on the other side. Not ideal!
The Red Bladder
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Eddy Deegan » Thu May 16, 2019 11:12 pm

Also a big fan of Scan here, never had anything other than an exemplary experience with them, including an on-site support call some years ago (no real fault of their own, I think it was a courier issue that led to a minor issue subsequent to delivery) which was handled brilliantly :thumbup:
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster
Some of my musical works.
I had a weird time in Surrey once, but that was a drummer's fault.

Postby Mike Stranks » Fri May 17, 2019 12:03 pm

I guess most of us here equate Scan with PCs for DAW use - and they do a superb job at that.

But what I've realised over the last year or so is that they have an excellent audio equipment section which can frequently match and outclass the well-known suspects that are constantly referred to in this forum.

Scan seem to be somewhat of a dark horse in that marketplace; they deserve a higher profile and I'm happy to start the ball rolling... :D
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster

Postby Martin Walker » Fri May 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Mike Stranks wrote:I guess most of us here equate Scan with PCs for DAW use - and they do a superb job at that.

But what I've realised over the last year or so is that they have an excellent audio equipment section which can frequently match and outclass the well-known suspects that are constantly referred to in this forum.

Scan seem to be somewhat of a dark horse in that marketplace; they deserve a higher profile and I'm happy to start the ball rolling... :D

I agree 100%. Not only have I bought loads of PC components from them, but more recently I found their prices of AKG K712 Pro headphones better than the competition - there's loads of audio stuff in their range that's worth exploring :thumbup:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby The Red Bladder » Fri May 17, 2019 6:26 pm

They just got the daftest tech support call from yours truly - "I can't find the on/off button on this workstation! Where is it???"

They have really good tech support that works seven days a week. So good in fact that they even knew where the on/off button was!

It was on the front! Who'd have thought it?
The Red Bladder
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby MOF » Fri May 17, 2019 6:56 pm

I bought some foam bass traps from them, good price and quick delivery.
MOF
Regular

Postby BJG145 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:09 pm

This is just a random interjection, but the other day I was reading about the revival of the Blade guitar line...from Scan Computers. What's that about? :)

https://www.scan.co.uk/shop-by-brand/blade
BJG145
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby blinddrew » Fri May 17, 2019 9:41 pm

Our guitarist has just bought a second hand Levinson Blade and rates it very highly, prefers it to any of his Fenders.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...