You are here

Releasing music

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Re: Releasing music

Postby Guest » Mon May 27, 2019 10:24 am

CS70 wrote:
Still Vibrations wrote:I am still in the world where you take a cassette release round to the numerous small record shops and ask them if they would stock it.

Which small record shops? :D

London was full of them until the 1990s, especially in Soho.

Postby CS70 » Mon May 27, 2019 10:25 am

Still Vibrations wrote:
CS70 wrote:
Still Vibrations wrote:I am still in the world where you take a cassette release round to the numerous small record shops and ask them if they would stock it.

London was full of them until the 1990s, especially in Soho.

Yeah, Milan too. Good times...
CS70
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video  and the FB page

Postby James Perrett » Mon May 27, 2019 3:02 pm

CS70 wrote:

Still a few around here which are mainly catering for collectors. Pie and Vinyl in Southsea and Harbour Records in Emsworth are two that immediately spring to mind.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby Guest » Mon May 27, 2019 3:50 pm

I need to do more research into this area. People now ask me if I have a CD player before they give me a CD of their latest music. A lot of the younger generation don't have any physical playback systems at all, CD, vinyl, cassette etc. A lot of DJ equipment can now play wave and mp3 files. Any electronic parts I supply are invariably played back on a laptop as 24bit wave files. Things are definitely different now than they were even a few years ago.

Previous