You are here

Can someone still make it now? What are the odds? Mixerman says we are all hobbyists now.

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Re: Can someone still make it now? What are the odds? Mixerman says we are all hobbyists now.

Postby hobbyist » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:33 am

MOF wrote:
Unless one has lived for some time in both cultures any attempted dialogue or comment on life-philosophy issues is futile. The other party simply won't comprehend - in the fullest sense of the word - what you mean.
I don’t understand how the USA is happy to pay for education ‘for all’ as an ‘insurance’ policy which ensures that their society has an educated work force to create the goods and services that provide their wealth. Yet keeping those expensively educated people in good health is left to a largely private health and insurance sector.
I’ve never been to the states and frankly its abilities to take some sensible action on gun laws puts me off ever going.


I think you have been misinformed.
The USA is not happy to give free education to all. That is a promise being made by the hard core left along with a bunch of other crazy socialist/communist ideas they are pushing.

The private sector provides health care faster better cheaper easier than when the govt is involved. Veterans stuck with govt VA benefits get poor care and wait much longer.

We have thousands of gun laws. Guns are not a problem. The problem is people. We need laws to make people stop doing bad things not confiscate guns so that we are all at risk when the bad guys start shooting. Many times a legally armed civilian has stopped a shooter when they could have continued to kill many people had the citizens been disarmed.

Some places have required gun ownership. Their crime rates have dropped very significantly. Baddies dont want to risk robbing or mugging in an area where people can protect themselves.
hobbyist
Regular
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:52 am

Re: Can someone still make it now? What are the odds? Mixerman says we are all hobbyists now.

Postby hobbyist » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:41 am

Hugh Robjohns wrote:
hobbyist wrote:This world is very grim.

It is only ever what you make of it.

I enjoy my life very much. In my experience so far, the pleasures more than make up for the difficulties.

I truly hope the next is as good as they promise believers.

Are you sure you can trust 'them' and their promises? ;)

I'm busy making the very best of this one... :wave:

It pretty much tells me what I can make of it.
I have never really been happy for more than a day except once during junior year of college when that summer I do recall being happy for several weeks in a row. Other than that it is a day here or there at most with the rest of the time blah or bad.

I do not trust 'them'. I believe the bible as a big picture, similar to a BNW TV with rabbit ears and a noisy picture, but not the details. You can make out the picture but look at any pixel/verse you will be wrong more than right.

I am still trying to figure out how to ensure moving on to a better life.
If we all just die so we get only a good nights sleep forever that is okay with me. But there is some evidence to say that some of the things in the Bible are true. And I have had some very strange experiences which makes it easier for me to believe.

God is easy. Else tell me where all this stuff we see came from.

Existence of Christ Jesus the Nazarene has plenty of evidence. There is evidence that he did arise from the dead. That is pretty powerful support for what He claims and said. Understanding what He really meant is my hang up.
hobbyist
Regular
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:52 am

Re: Can someone still make it now? What are the odds? Mixerman says we are all hobbyists now.

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:07 am

hobbyist wrote:I have never really been happy for more than a day...

I think that comes across in many of your posts... I genuinely feel very sorry for you -- that's a very sad situation.

H
User avatar
Hugh Robjohns
Moderator
Posts: 24109
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Re: Can someone still make it now? What are the odds? Mixerman says we are all hobbyists now.

Postby Mike Stranks » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:45 am

Hugh Robjohns wrote:
hobbyist wrote:I have never really been happy for more than a day...

I think that comes across in many of your posts... I genuinely feel very sorry for you -- that's a very sad situation.

H

Indeed! Many here know that I make no secret of the fact that I've been in some very dark places and still have my issues to deal with. But generally things are good and I'm happy far more than I'm not.

This is direct personal experience talking here... have you talked to your minister or other trusted person at church about this... or a doctor or other clinical professional? Don't keep it to yourself; I did for years (or thought I was) and came to regret it. It's good to talk!

Thanks for your honesty in sharing what you have. That's not always easy to do.

I'll refrain from any Bible stuff... not the place! But PM me if you want.

Mike
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 6737
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:00 am

Re: Can someone still make it now? What are the odds? Mixerman says we are all hobbyists now.

Postby hobbyist » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:49 pm

Mike Stranks wrote:
Hugh Robjohns wrote:
hobbyist wrote:I have never really been happy for more than a day...

I think that comes across in many of your posts... I genuinely feel very sorry for you -- that's a very sad situation.

H

Indeed! Many here know that I make no secret of the fact that I've been in some very dark places and still have my issues to deal with. But generally things are good and I'm happy far more than I'm not.

This is direct personal experience talking here... have you talked to your minister or other trusted person at church about this... or a doctor or other clinical professional? Don't keep it to yourself; I did for years (or thought I was) and came to regret it. It's good to talk!

Thanks for your honesty in sharing what you have. That's not always easy to do.

I'll refrain from any Bible stuff... not the place! But PM me if you want.

Mike

Thanks.

As I got older it was improving somewhat but then my wife shot herself.
Could not take the back pain and docs made a big point out of not giving pain medicine if she had surgery.

I am getting over that . But it takes time.
hobbyist
Regular
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:52 am

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users