You are here

Teaching service sites..

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Re: Teaching service sites..

Postby zenguitar » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:00 pm

James Perrett wrote:If I enter "audio mixing tuition high wycombe" into Google, you are 5th on the list - but only one of the first four (Buckingham University) actually offers audio production tuition...
Would it be worthwhile advertising one to one tuition for students on those courses ?

Posters on the notice boards with some of your excellent credentials might attract eager students looking for the best grades.

Just a thought Eddie.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Re: Teaching service sites? Use Readers Ads

Postby Zukan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:09 am

Forum Admin wrote:
Zukan wrote:I want to advertise my teaching service but I don't know which site to advertise on?

Eddie, don't forget SOS provides a FREE space for anyone to advertise in... it's called Readers' Ads and in there is a category called SERVICES where some tutors post ads every now and then. There's a guy from Minnesota advertising in there currently:

https://www.soundonsound.com/readersads/services

It's free, so why not make use of it? Ads get deleted automagically after 30 days but you could easily keep a copy of your text and re-post it. Latest ads show on the main Readers' Ads page but also in their category page.

Ads are vetted and go into a queue... but I think you know who vets them so no problemo on that front. ;)

Submit your ad today here: https://www.soundonsound.com/readersads/free

It might bring in some punters, it might not, but it's free and on a regularly visited part of the site. What have you got to lose?

Ian

Thanks Ian. I'll give this a go today.
Zukan

Postby Zukan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:10 am

zenguitar wrote:
James Perrett wrote:If I enter "audio mixing tuition high wycombe" into Google, you are 5th on the list - but only one of the first four (Buckingham University) actually offers audio production tuition...
Would it be worthwhile advertising one to one tuition for students on those courses ?

Posters on the notice boards with some of your excellent credentials might attract eager students looking for the best grades.

Just a thought Eddie.

Andy :beamup:

I tried contacting Bucks Uni for exactly this but they weren't having it.

I have had a flyer designed that I need dropped to various uni students union bars.
Zukan

Postby Zukan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:13 am

Dynamic Mike wrote:Just a small point but 'Samplecraze' sounds like a site that sells samples or loops. If that's pretty much the first (or only) thing people read in a small advert or hyperlink it might mislead people who just give it a cursory glance. I don't use or edit samples, so you just lost my interest & I won't investigate further.

Once you get to the site it's really clear & obvious what you're about, I just don't think the name really sells it for you. It's not a problem for people who know you & previous customers but I wonder whether it might be off-putting when it comes to generating new traffic.

A very valid observation Mike. I bought a bunch of domain names to use but it was finally decided that Samplecraze with its 20 year Google history was best as Google takes domain names with history more seriously than new ones that pop up everywhere.

The idea is to keep Samplecraze as is but to create a personal site with my tuition services being promoted. So far, it has all been a commercial disaster.
Zukan

Re: Teaching service sites? Use Readers Ads

Postby Forum Admin » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:36 am

Zukan wrote:
Forum Admin wrote:
Zukan wrote:I want to advertise my teaching service but I don't know which site to advertise on?

Eddie, don't forget SOS provides a FREE space for anyone to advertise in... it's called Readers' Ads and in there is a category called SERVICES where some tutors post ads every now and then. There's a guy from Minnesota advertising in there currently:

https://www.soundonsound.com/readersads/services

It's free, so why not make use of it?

Ian

Thanks Ian. I'll give this a go today.

Your Ad is now live in the SERVICES category of SOS Readers' Ads - see link above.

Good luck with it.
Forum Admin
Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SEARCH SOS 10,717 articles: www.soundonsound.com/search
Get FREE Full Issue PDF sample Digital Mag: https://sosm.ag/FreePDF

Postby Zukan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:28 am

Thank you.
Zukan

Previous