You are here

Metallica/Greg Fidelman article......

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Metallica/Greg Fidelman article......

Postby IAA » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:33 am

What an awesome read, I was sweating just at the thought of managing that gig. Greg must have nerves of titanium. Whilst I’m more in the “how to record yourself” camp I was blown away to read the scale and challenge of what they did. And whilst I’m not a Metallica aficionado, I’m now off to buy it and watch it!

Great article, inspiring and stomach churning in equal measure. :clap: :clap:
IAA
Frequent Poster

Re: Metallica/Greg Fidelman article......

Postby The Korff » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:12 am

Thanks! And yes, I enjoyed it too — was pleased to also get some good behind-the-scenes pics for it (expertly chased up by the author Tony Bacon).

My prevailing thought as I was reading/editing it was "Now imagine doing this without Audio-over-IP..." You'd need a large truck just for the cabling!
The Korff
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Sam Inglis » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:38 am

The Korff must also take credit for the best headline ever to appear in SOS...
Sam Inglis

Postby desmond » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:24 am

The Korff wrote:Thanks! And yes, I enjoyed it too — was pleased to also get some good behind-the-scenes pics for it (expertly chased up by the author Tony Bacon).

Ah, Tony's a legend, I've been enjoying his work (and his sense of humour) since the 80s.
He's also been super nice regarding mu:zines as well...

:thumbup: :clap:

Sam Inglis wrote:The Korff must also take credit for the best headline ever to appear in SOS...

That was rather good... 8-)
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio