You are here

Britains Got Talent - is it recorded live?

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Re: Britains Got Talent - is it recorded live?

Postby Arpangel » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:47 pm

It was interesting how this girl suddenly went into "star" mode after being all shy and retiring, nervous, it was literally like she had flipped a switch, and she was "on"
This is the hallmark of a true professional, it means that you can perform at your best in the most arduous of times, and conditions.
A lot of musicians from all types of music are like this, in fact, it’s essential, it’s your job we’re talking about here.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)
https://anthonyflynn.bandcamp.com/album/toy-town

Postby Eddy Deegan » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:05 pm

Hugh Robjohns wrote:My policy is never to engage with anything that encourages people to laugh at rather than with someone's misfortunes.

I'd steer clear of the news for a bit then Hugh!

Apart from that one special 'someone' (and actually it would be more 'funny' if it wasn't so tragically serious), I couldn't agree more :thumbup:

I may be flippant but I do have nobel intentions.
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works.
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project.

Postby James Perrett » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:17 pm

OneWorld wrote:BGT, X-Factor etc are not showcase events for the local music conservatoire, but merely something for us the great unwashed to huddle around the telly on a Saturday Night (anything but the maudlin uber serious Killing Eve) and have a good moan, guffaw and on the occasion, a 'Wow!"

Of course some people appearing on those shows will make a career out of 'As Seen on TV'. I recorded one act who appeared on Stars In Their Eyes who get gigs all over the place on the back of a TV appearance something like 20 years ago. Of course it probably helps that not many other people do what they do.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:19 pm

Eddy Deegan wrote:I'd steer clear of the news for a bit then Hugh!

It's alright Eddy -- the news doesn't actually encourage anyone to laugh at its guests... :lol: It just kinda happens when they start talking! :silent: Disinfectant injections anyone? :wtf:
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby DGL. » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:37 pm

Hugh Robjohns wrote:
Eddy Deegan wrote:I'd steer clear of the news for a bit then Hugh!

It's alright Eddy -- the news doesn't actually encourage anyone to laugh at its guests... :lol: It just kinda happens when they start talking! :silent: Disinfectant injections anyone? :wtf:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9jEuHbB0GQ :lol:
DGL.
Frequent Poster

Postby Sam Spoons » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:46 pm

Arpangel wrote:It was interesting how this girl suddenly went into "star" mode after being all shy and retiring, nervous, it was literally like she had flipped a switch, and she was "on"
This is the hallmark of a true professional, it means that you can perform at your best in the most arduous of times, and conditions.
A lot of musicians from all types of music are like this, in fact, it’s essential, it’s your job we’re talking about here.

I thought she looked confident and natural from the start, not in the least shy TBH. She pretty much said she'd done the rounds of the theatre schools (I doubt she was referring too day school when she said some had knocked her confidence) and sang very well. Good luck to her.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby Arpangel » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:14 am

Sam Spoons wrote:
Arpangel wrote:It was interesting how this girl suddenly went into "star" mode after being all shy and retiring, nervous, it was literally like she had flipped a switch, and she was "on"

I thought she looked confident and natural from the start, not in the least shy TBH. She pretty much said she'd done the rounds of the theatre schools (I doubt she was referring too day school when she said some had knocked her confidence) and sang very well. Good luck to her.

I think she seemed a bit apprehensive at appearing on a talent show with such a large audience, but it didn’t matter, she did alright, and yes, good luck to her.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)
https://anthonyflynn.bandcamp.com/album/toy-town

Previous