You are here

What is best recording label?

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

What is best recording label?

Postby Adam Artman » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:10 pm

Hello to all...
Can you introduce to me best orchestral record labels for releasing my sound tracks?
in orchestral and classical genre
Adam Artman
Poster

Re: What is best recording label?

Postby Philbo King » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:26 pm

There are no good labels or bad labels. There are only good label deals and bad label deals.
Philbo King
Poster

Postby Adam Artman » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:09 pm

Philbo King wrote:There are no good labels or bad labels. There are only good label deals and bad label deals.

thanks you...
How many label records can you introduce to me in an orchestral style?
Adam Artman
Poster

Postby BJG145 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:16 pm

You might pick up some ideas from this 10-part series SOS ran in 2017.

https://www.soundonsound.com/music-busi ... sic-part-1
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Postby RichardT » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:52 am

Hi Adam,

These days you don’t have to use a label to release your music and be successful. You can just sign up with a distributor such as CD Baby or Distrokid who will send your music to the online stores. You would have to do your own promotion and administration, but you would have complete freedom about what music you produce and when.
RichardT
Regular

Postby hasser964 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:45 am

RichardT wrote:Hi Adam,

These days you don’t have to use a label to release your music and be successful. You can just sign up with a distributor such as CD Baby or Distrokid who will send your music to the online stores. You would have to do your own promotion and administration, but you would have complete freedom about what music you produce and when.

2nd this man. With so much information on the web about how you can market your music & how to release stuff, you don't need a label anymore.

If you're willing to learn music marketing properly, then I'd cut the label out. I've only had bad experiences with labels & they take a lot of your revenue (which is already peanuts)!

I'm not saying you'll have the same experience, but I think it's worth looking at self-releasing rather than signing away all your rights to music you spent ages working on.
hasser964
Poster