You are here

MPs to investigate whether artists are paid fairly for streaming music

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Re: MPs to investigate whether artists are paid fairly for streaming music

Postby DC-Choppah » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:47 am

CS70 wrote:
desmond wrote:That is the sense that I believe DC means they are "the same". From the point of view of the artist.

Yes. The point of view of the copyright holder. The copyright holder usually includes the artist.

5G technology is currently contemplating computer memory architectures with built in wireless connections. This allows memory on one device to read/write directly from another device remotely using proprietary interfaces. I suppose a new word will be coined for moving a song that way. It is not a stream, but a 'beam'.

So then we will be playing whack -a-mole and be back here arguing if a 'beam' is the same as a 'stream'.

From the rights holder's/artist's point of view it is all the same. The song/music is what is being protected. What we choose to value and protect, is the ability to allow the artist to control the right to copy his work so that he can make a livelihood. I respect that.

I hope the MPs have that point of view and don't get distracted by the technicalities of digital media.
DC-Choppah
Frequent Poster

Previous