You are here

Local music wanted

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Local music wanted

Postby al_diablo » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:26 pm

ManFromGlass wrote:Serious thought for a sec -
If this is a genuine situation to help unheard music voices get heard it might be useful for customers to see the playlists so they can reach out to the performers for more.

Yes, could use a QR code so customers could quickly go to the playlist section of your website, which would also have a possible bonus of increasing traffic to the site.

Plenty of people out there willing to give music away for the love of people hearing it, so I hope this works out for you.
al_diablo
Regular

Postby blinddrew » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:07 pm

A bunch of us did this for a cafe in York a few years ago. They'd been running a while but had got badly caught out by a flood and were really struggling. One of their budget cuts was their PRS/PPL licence but it did leave the atmosphere a bit flat. So a bunch of us local amateurs who were unsigned and unaffiliated with either of the collection agencies gave them some CDs and they had a pinboard that showed the CDs (along with a written licence to play them) and the contact details for the band/website etc. Don't think we had QR codes in those days but that would have been a decent addition.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby mint » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:50 pm

A couple of good ideas there at the end with Playlists on display and QR codes to find out more information thanks.

The speakers in question are JBL Control One pros run from a 300w Stageline amp and Behringer 9 band EQ.

I've already looked in to a PRS licence as I'd like to collaborate with live performers in the future but for now I'm hoping to work with some unsigned producers to act as a platform for their music while providing some unique sounds to go with a unique meal experience.

I'll be slotting a few of my own tracks in obviously for good measure.
mint
Poster

Previous