You are here

What percentage of my income from my song goes to feature artist

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Moderator: Moderators

What percentage of my income from my song goes to feature artist

Postby sohala21 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:40 am

Hi, I am a producer/songwriter who has made a song and has a feature artist sing the song. In this case the artist is a rapper, I have another post but thought I start a new thread .
I have been struggling with this issue since I plan to do a lot of songs with feature rappers. I am a full-time producer and that's my new profession.

So I made a song, where I wrote and own the music, am the songwriter/lyricist, produced the song and own the master. And am going to put the song out everywhere like iTunes, spotify etc through Distrokid. The song is going to be under my name, Sohan, like:
Song Title by Sohan feat. theRapper

So any revenue I make from the song, how is it going to be divided between me and the feature rapper. I have not signed any contract with the feature rapper. So without a contract by default what percentage of the revenue will the rapper get. I don't have to pay a label or a publishing company , Disktroid I guess will collect and send the revenue to me. The only person who can get a share of the revenue is the Rapper (who does not does not own anything, just raps my song).

I am trying to figure out by default (without a contract) what percentage of the total revenue does the rapper get? Also curious how is he going to collect it?
Nowadays things have changed so much no label, no publisher (i guess Distrokid is the label and publisher but I get 100% of the money from iTunes, spotify etc)

I guess its a very complicated question, but looks pretty simple since there is just 2 parties.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
sohala21
New here

Re: What percentage of my income from my song goes to feature artist

Postby Eddy Deegan » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:20 am

You have effectively already asked this question in your other post. Please do not create multiple threads on the same topic as this can cause confusion for folks replying later on.

Locking this thread to avoid duplication.
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects