You are here

Software for simple music videos?

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Software for simple music videos?

Postby FrankF » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:14 am

Ah yes, Ena Sharples: I miss her wise words!
Mind you, Albert Tatlock also spoke a lot of common sense, aye!
FrankF
Regular

Postby blinddrew » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:14 am

I thought he meant the news?
;)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Arpangel » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:18 am

The Red Bladder wrote:Ah! You mean another 'Unboxing' video!

A box with nothing in it.
Regarding film, today, it’s a case of noises-off for me, effects, CGI, burnt itself out many years ago, it all looks very tired now.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
That would be an ecumenical matter.

Postby The Red Bladder » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:48 am

Try a Coen Brothers film - no CGI there.
The Red Bladder
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Arpangel » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:48 am

The Red Bladder wrote:Try a Coen Brothers film - no CGI there.

Yes, my partner watches a lot of Talking Pictures, those old films, still amazing.
Everything reaches a peak, and then gets done to death, I feel CGI and all that stuff falls into that category.
It happens with all new technology, until it becomes just another tool in the box, and it all calms down.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
That would be an ecumenical matter.

Postby ManFromGlass » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:54 pm

How about drone shots above a car moving down a forested country road?
One could have made a fortune in footage rental if they went out years ago and assembled a huge library of only those.
ManFromGlass
Jedi Poster

Postby soundproofed bob » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:58 pm

So when there's some fancy spectrometer in a circle shape with cool blurred background, chances are they made it with Adobe Premiere?

There's new ZGame Visualizer 2, which is now even relatively old because months passed. You should try if you use FLS.

ManFromGlass, I know some musicians that did just like that. They posted videos on youtube ages ago. But ON the car. There's a problem that you have to stabilize your camera with some mechanism because road is bumpy. Can record inside car too. Drones though require effort to learn.
soundproofed bob
Poster

Postby MOF » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:13 am

Drones though require effort to learn.

The latest ones have obstacle avoidance, automatic return to home when the battery is running down etc. I watch the videos and I'm very tempted, but then I think I haven't used my existing setup in anger yet and I should finish some tracks to mime to first. :D
MOF
Frequent Poster

Postby ManFromGlass » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:08 am

I don’t know what it’s like over there but the rules get very strict with drones above a certain weight over here. They are considered small aircraft and require a license for basic and earning-money-from usage. The license is bloody hard as one has to learn aircraft rules and regs. I see their point as in some goofs or weekend warrior’s hands the drone could cause injury and damage. Then there are the privacy issues too.
On the other hand I have some amazing nature footage and I’ve seen amazing things from flying above the forests and a small lake. I’m slowly assembling the footage into stories.

My original post about following cars from above was based on how certain trends, audio and visual-wise are done to death as everyone jumps on the bandwagon until the next cool thing comes along. But that is a very cool idea about filming atop a car!
ManFromGlass
Jedi Poster

Postby Mike Stranks » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:43 am

CGI is now everywhere.... and in most films where it's done well you probably won't have a clue until you read the end-credits. These days CGI has moved a long way from 'flash, bang, wallop, shoot 'em up' stuff.

Drones... yes new rules about licensing came in in the UK over the last 12 months or so. I bought mine deliberately to fall below the weight threshold. It will return home - either automatically when it needs to or when I tell it to, land automatically, follow an entered 'flight plan', give me a video preview so that I can adjust camera angle... it's a clever piece of kit. But even though I got a 'no licence required one' there are still strict rules about where it can be flown. Around here one has to be especially careful with two major military airfields close-by!
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster

Previous