You are here

SoundCloud Pro 40% off worth it ?

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Moderator: Moderators

SoundCloud Pro 40% off worth it ?

Postby Marbury » Thu May 27, 2021 8:08 pm

I am seeing an offer of Soundcloud pro unlimited for a year with 40% off, featuring getting paid for tracks played. As I have gained no traction on bandcamp (their algorithms favour popular artists) I have plenty of followers and listeners on Souncloud free version. As this next step up with a discount would actually cost me £54 for a year it seems almost tempting, especially if you get paid for plays.

It seems worth a punt or has anyone here gone for the Pro an been disappointed ?
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Re: SoundCloud Pro 40% off worth it ?

Postby blinddrew » Thu May 27, 2021 8:41 pm

I had a very brief look at it a couple of years ago as a mechanism to get my tracks onto the streaming services, then discovered they had minimum requirements that I didn't meet. So I cancelled that and didn't get any further, but I understand that has been removed now.
Fundamentally, how many plays do you need to pay back that £54?
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Marbury » Thu May 27, 2021 9:44 pm

I don't now as there isn't any info on the royalty rate in the listing of services you get with pro.

Changing the subject slightly, I noticed one of my tracks is being passed off as someone else's work. I have filed a takedown with SC and waiting to hear back.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby Martin Walker » Thu May 27, 2021 11:12 pm

Marbury wrote:Changing the subject slightly, I noticed one of my tracks is being passed off as someone else's work. I have filed a takedown with SC and waiting to hear back.

Well, that's the perfect opportunity for Soundcloud to show how professional they are in dealing with you, which will no doubt help you decide whether or not to go Soundcloud Pro ;)

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby gyates329 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:02 pm

blinddrew wrote:I had a very brief look at it a couple of years ago as a mechanism to get my tracks onto the streaming services, then discovered they had minimum requirements that I didn't meet. So I cancelled that and didn't get any further, but I understand that has been removed now.
Fundamentally, how many plays do you need to pay back that £54?

I am pretty sure you would need about 20,000 because usually it's $3.00+ per 1,000 streams.
gyates329
New here
George Yates III
Soundcloud | Youtube