You are here

Every time I open Logic Pro I get these irritating messages.

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Every time I open Logic Pro I get these irritating messages.

Postby Jay Menon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Instrument “Roland 2080” sends to a MIDI port named “Port 7” of MIDI interface “Unitor8/AMT8” which no longer exists

Instrument “Vintage Synth” sends to a MIDI port named “Port 3” of MIDI interface “Unitor8/AMT8” which no longer exists.

I upgraded to Logic Pro X hoping they would disappear - but no...

They're driving me up the wall. Would someone please advise me how to get rid of these forever...? I'll be eternally grateful...
Jay Menon
Frequent Poster

Re: Every time I open Logic Pro I get these irritating messages.

Postby desmond » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:28 pm

Jay Menon wrote:Instrument “Roland 2080” sends to a MIDI port named “Port 7” of MIDI interface “Unitor8/AMT8” which no longer exists

Instrument “Vintage Synth” sends to a MIDI port named “Port 3” of MIDI interface “Unitor8/AMT8” which no longer exists.

I upgraded to Logic Pro X hoping they would disappear - but no...

They're driving me up the wall. Would someone please advise me how to get rid of these forever...? I'll be eternally grateful...

Well, look at what Logic is telling you - you have some instrument objects in the environment assigned to a Unitor/AMT8, and that MIDI interface is missing from your system (disconnected, switched off, whatever). Logic is alerting you, because those instruments won't work as expected.

So, in your source templates, and whatever songs you have based on them, find those objects in the environment, and change their MIDI port setting to the correct MIDI port and save the project (or reconnect/turn on the Unitor/AMT8).

Now those alerts won't happen anymore when opening those projects.
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby Jay Menon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Thanks Desmond for trying to help...

I use Logic like I used to use my old Tascam 38 eight-track tape machine.

I have no MIDI instruments except EZ Drummer (my songs are otherwise all audio tracks - live guitars and vocals)
I have no idea what a Unitor/AMT8 is

Sorry if I sound like a moron...
Jay Menon
Frequent Poster

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:15 pm

Has someone given you a template' or you've based your own projects on someone elses template? Clearly Logic thinks it should see things that arent there now.

As Desmond says, i think you just need to go into the environment settings and remove those invalid links. I'm not a logic or mac user, but I've come across this kind of thing before.

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby Guest271017 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:42 pm

Jay Menon wrote:I have no idea what a Unitor/AMT8 is

Sorry if I sound like a moron...

According to Google, it's a MIDI interface. In your template, first in Audio MIDI setup, go to the MIDI pane and see if it shows and if you can disable/hide it.

Next, go through all MIDI/ Instrument tracks and make sure it doesn't show in any In/ Out for the tracks.

Now, if it's sorted after one or both of those, open a new instance of the Template, make the changes and save the new version. If the new version is good, trash the old.

Dumbest question is the one that goes un-asked. Never feel embarrassed to ask, only way you'll learn.
Guest271017
Frequent Poster

Postby desmond » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:36 pm

Jay Menon wrote:I have no MIDI instruments except EZ Drummer (my songs are otherwise all audio tracks - live guitars and vocals)
I have no idea what a Unitor/AMT8 is

Did you try what I suggested - opening the environment window, and looking for instrument objects with the names Logic is referring to and deleting them?

Jay Menon wrote:Sorry if I sound like a moron...

Not at all.

If you're not sure where to look, zip up the project file and upload it somewhere, and I'll take a look for you.
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby meisterjaan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:08 pm

I would also like to know if there's a way to disable those messages. I have some synths which have their built in midi interfaces but i don't always use these synths which means they are turned off when i launch Logic, which means that every time I launch, I get an (increasingly annoying) alert about a missing midi interface.
meisterjaan

Postby Calaverasgrande » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:15 pm

desmond wrote:Well, look at what Logic is telling you - you have some instrument objects in the environment assigned to a Unitor/AMT8, and that MIDI interface is missing from your system (disconnected, switched off, whatever). Logic is alerting you, because those instruments won't work as expected.

So, in your source templates, and whatever songs you have based on them, find those objects in the environment, and change their MIDI port setting to the correct MIDI port and save the project (or reconnect/turn on the Unitor/AMT8).

Now those alerts won't happen anymore when opening those projects.
Thanks, Goole led me here.
I have been using Logic for many years, but never use the MIDI environment.
Forgot it exists!
Window> Open MIDI Environment then 'show previous layer'
got me a list instead of the busy console view. I just left it there and changed it to no MIDI input or output.
No more pesky alerts. Now to fix that pokey hihat.
Calaverasgrande

Postby desmond » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:39 pm

Another satisfied customer! :thumbup:
desmond
Jedi Poster