You are here

Importing Tracks From A Different Platform Into Logic Pro

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Importing Tracks From A Different Platform Into Logic Pro

Postby ramon gomez » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:29 pm

Hello, I've just recorded a few tracks in a studio that works on Cubase and I'm having problems importing them into my Logic pro, I guess is a question of the export they do. I'd like to work them at 48, they have exported the tracks with that sampling rate but still is pitch down when I import them, though the tempo is right.
ramon gomez

Re: Importing Tracks From A Different Platform Into Logic Pro

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:47 pm

Sounds like they have managed to change the status flags to say the tracks are 48kHz without actually performing the required sample rate conversion!

If the individual tracks sound okay in a 44.1k project, ut's probably easiest if you sample-rate convert them yourself and re-export...

Easier still, just work in a 44.1k project!

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby Matt Houghton » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:06 pm

If they're just recordings (not edited or processed) then Cubase time-stamps the files by default. In which case you shouldn't need to export them from Cubase, but simply drag the files to track in Logic and use its equivalent of Cubase's 'Move To Origin' command. It's called something like 'audio/move to original recording position' I think; though my Logic knowledge runs out at about v8 so that may have changed. The only caveat is that you need to set up Logic to use the same sample rate and to have its project start time at the same point as the Cubase projects — most are the same but some are offset by an hour by default.
Matt Houghton
Frequent Poster
SOS Reviews Editor

Postby ramon gomez » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:03 pm

Thanks for the attention, in fact it was Protools to Logic pro x, and the conversion from Broadcast files wasn't the right one, just that. Thanks anyway¡¡¡¡
ramon gomez