You are here

Coolness using Zoiper

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Coolness using Zoiper

Postby audio_jungle » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Not so much a question, but just wanted to share something that has me excited, and it sorta relates to "sound"...

Stayed up until 3am this morning playing around on my Mac with Zoiper.

Have been using Zoiper as my VoIP "softphone" for over 5 years now, and am trying to take things to the next level.

This weekend I am learning how to set up "ring groups" so when someone calls me, I can have multiple computers ring all at the same time like an office!

Called from a landline line, and both of my Macs started ringing, and that was so cool!! 8-)

I also was busy recording a handful of Rush songs last night, and am going to use them today when I learn to set up an IVR and have the different songs play when you press different options.

I also set up one of my DIDs (virtual phone numbers) last night, so when you call, when my phone line picks up, you are greeted by Rush's "Subdivisions" playing for about 30 seconds before it goes to voicemail. Awesome!! :D

If I can get everything that I want Zopier to be able to do (i.e. sound like you are calling a large corporation), combined with all I hope to learn hear about audio/sound engineering/podcasts, then I think that ill REALLY help my startup business to be successful!! :)

No particular questions about Zoiper, but just felt like sharing with the group...
audio_jungle
Regular