You are here

Logic Pro X 10.4.3 Is out...

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Logic Pro X 10.4.3 Is out...

Postby desmond » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:35 pm

...go grab yer updates!

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718

Bug fixes, mostly! (And some good ones that have been troubling, recently!) :thumbup:
desmond
Jedi Poster

Re: Logic Pro X 10.4.3 Is out...

Postby zenguitar » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:27 am

Yep, just downloaded it. Was a fast download, shame about the lengthy Safari download, especially as it insisted on downloading twice.

:headbang:

But the GarageBand download was quick too.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Postby ConcertinaChap » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:23 am

The security update failed to install and left me with a machine that would only boot to a "Macos can't install" screen. Acting on a hunch I restarted and pressed the Option key to get the startup manager and selected Mac HD, whereupon the machine started normally and has been fine ever since. However I'm still being offered the security update which I am now feeling somewhat edgy about applying. Think I'll probably drop the mess on Apple support when I get time.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
Disclaimer: I don't claim to know anything at all.

Postby IAA » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:04 am

Macos can't install"

Had same issue, in the end I booted to restore, it downloaded the OS again and then the security patch worked fine. A bit troubling though. But my first use of one of the safe boot options in OSX since I started using Macs - which I suppose is not bad going

If you’re still under AppleCare I’d do what you suggested first, I had no choice but to move out of my comfort zone.... :frown:

I do wonder a little about Apples software QA at the mo, particularly after my OS experience and the previous logic update (10.4.2) which seemed to be problematic.

A blip perhaps.

Ian
IAA
Regular

Postby ConcertinaChap » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:28 am

IAA wrote:[I do wonder a little about Apples software QA at the mo, particularly after my OS experience and the previous logic update (10.4.2) which seemed to be problematic.

I'm a little concerned about that too. Perhaps they're taking a leaf out of M$'s book, who laid off most of their QA staff a couple of years back and are now reaping the "rewards" in the shape of a series of thoroughly shoddy software updates.

I do have Applecare, BTW, which is why I'll let support have it. Applecare for the iMac Pro is priced the same as for the cheapest iMac, which means it cost under 3% of the machine purchase price. For an extra 2 years support and repair that seemed and still seems a bargain.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
Disclaimer: I don't claim to know anything at all.