You are here

Software for playing backing tracks live

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Re: Software for playing backing tracks live

Postby MOF » Tue May 21, 2019 7:54 pm

As I said trying to move everything in sync is a complete nightmare, and of course since the songs aren't all exactly the same length, just changing the position of a single song in the set involves moving lots of items, and hoping that everything is still in sync when I've finished. Not something I'd be keen on doing for a last minute set change after the sound check...
Since you know how to use meta data to stop a song at the end I would have thought that getting the playhead to go to the start of a new song would be simple enough and given that before a gig you know what order they’ll be in then all the work is done in advance. Any last minute changes are simply clicking on the start of a different song which you can visually see if you create a track with empty patterns of different colours above and or below the audio and data tracks and the track name in it.
MOF
Regular

Postby James Perrett » Tue May 21, 2019 10:38 pm

It might be worth looking at Reaper's region playlist feature. I've not used it but there was a description of it in the Reaper Techniques section of the magazine a while ago which implied that it would be useful for live performers who wanted to change the order of their set virtually on the fly.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby BigRedX » Wed May 22, 2019 10:39 am

Just wondering now if I can do this with Folders in Logic?

Anyone? Desmond?
BigRedX
Frequent Poster
RockinRollin' VampireMan

Previous