You are here

Garageband Audio recording ???

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Garageband Audio recording ???

Postby pianoworldstage » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi
Is it possible to record audio using the sound engine pre-sets from my Yamaha P125 digital piano in to Garageband, using an Ipad?
pianoworldstage
Poster

Re: Garageband Audio recording ???

Postby desmond » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:06 pm

To record audio into an iPad from an instrument, you'll need some kind of USB audio interface specifically for the iPad. With that, you plugin the audio interface into the iPad, and connect your keyboard to the interface, and you should be able to record it to audio.

These are some ideas of interfaces you can buy, and I'm sure some google searching will turn up other options:
https://www.musicradar.com/news/the-10-best-hardware-ios-music-making-accessories-audio-interfaces-controllers-and-mics-for-iphone-and-ipad
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby pianoworldstage » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:03 am

Thanx Desmond for that useful link..
pianoworldstage
Poster

Postby Richard Graham » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:55 pm

Any class-complaint USB audio interface should work via the Camera Connection kit. You may also need a powered USB hub if the interface is buss-powered. Example: I have an ancient Zoom H4 which can record into my iPad and iPhone and enables me to use the Garageband guitar amps and pedals with my electric guitar. I use an (official) Apple Camera Connection Kit to get the audio from the interface into the iPad, and a Belkin 7-port powered hub to power the H4. It's pretty painless once you've set it up.
Richard Graham
Frequent Poster
"If a nail is bent, stop hitting it."