You are here

"Reaper quit unexpectedly"

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

"Reaper quit unexpectedly"

Postby Arpangel » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:08 am

Reaper keeps crashing on my Mac, I'm running Sierra.
It's suddenly started to happen, never had this problem before. I had plug-ins loaded, FM8, and Valhalla Vintage Verb.
It's very random, I don't know when it's going to happen, I'm running the latest version of Reaper.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Re: "Reaper quit unexpectedly"

Postby blinddrew » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:38 am

Whenever I've had similar problems it's always come down to a specific, non-reaper plug-in.
I'd try launching a project with all the plugins disabled* and then bringing them back one by one to see if you can identify a specific culprit.

* It's a right-click option from the start menu.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Martin Walker » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:17 pm

...or if you'd like a more-in-depth discussion, why not have a read of my Project Recovery
- Reaper Tips & Techniques
feature.

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... t-recovery

Yes, I've been down exactly the same road, with the occasional 'touchy' 3rd party plug-in ;)

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Arpangel » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:23 am

Martin Walker wrote:...or if you'd like a more-in-depth discussion, why not have a read of my Project Recovery
- Reaper Tips & Techniques
feature.

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... t-recovery

Yes, I've been down exactly the same road, with the occasional 'touchy' 3rd party plug-in ;)

Martin

Thanks folks, I think I've found the culprit, Vintage Verb, it seems to happen when having more than one instance of this plug loaded.
I've also gone back to a previous version of Reaper, as it seemed to happen more when I updated to the latest version.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster