You are here

Steinberg slow to accommodate Catalina

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Steinberg slow to accommodate Catalina

Postby Howdy Doody Time » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:48 am

Nuendo (10) does not run with Catalina. Multiple key (dongle) errors followed by crash. Cubase Elements (10) does run! and happily it does see my Waves Plugins. Oddly, after Cubase saw Waves, Reason 11 now sees all the Waves plugins too, - Happy days.

Steinberg seem to be having a nightmare with Catalina. Their website says more news will be released in November!

It's Mid December and still no news.

I really want to buy Omnisphere and Trillian from Spectrasonics, but I understand they will not currently run with Catalina either. What a mess. My old PC's (i5's) are not up to the task according to the required spec sheets from Spectrasonics, and my 2019 MBP bloody well should be, but it has been a disappointlent (understatement) so far, and so who knows.

It looks increasingly likely that I will be buying a top spec PC soon, and going through the re-install everything again tedious phase.
Howdy Doody Time
Frequent Poster
The only excuse we have for making music in the first place is to make it differently..vis-a-vis our own difference (Glenn Gould)

Re: Steinberg slow to accommodate Catalina

Postby The Red Bladder » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:10 pm

Catalina is 64-bit only and any residual 32-bit elements cause things to crash - maybe old bits of code is what is going on. Just a wild guess on my part!
The Red Bladder
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby rACed2 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:17 pm

\My Omnisphere works in Catalina..
rACed2
Regular
Organ, synth’s x2 Not enough time or talent.

Postby Howdy Doody Time » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:16 pm

rACed2 wrote:MATCH after: \My Omnisphere works in Catalina..

Thanks, I just ordered the latest one in the strength of your reply (from Amazon because Specs just allows PayPal - more expensive because you get the box set which incurs a 90 quid import levy - a joy you have yet to experience when importing from the EU soon)

Thanks again.
Howdy Doody Time
Frequent Poster
The only excuse we have for making music in the first place is to make it differently..vis-a-vis our own difference (Glenn Gould)

Postby rACed2 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:13 am

Well I do hope the installer works for you - mine was already installed before I upgraded to Catalina
rACed2
Regular
Organ, synth’s x2 Not enough time or talent.