You are here

Pitch down audio in Real Time in Logic X ?

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Pitch down audio in Real Time in Logic X ?

Postby james090 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:52 pm

I come from Acid and Ableton Live, whereby i can pitch down audio in real time, on the arrangement view and timeline and see that it gets longer (with no algorithm selected) so its not warped or anything.

Is this possible in Logic Pro X ?

So if i have a 2 bar audio sample of a chord, on the arrangement/timeline, can i pitch down in semitones -1, -2, -3 etc and it get LONGER so as it gets slower it spills over 2.5 bars, 4 bars as it goes down in pitch?

Is there a way to do this in Logic? as everything seems geared around the 'Transpose' in the region box, but it stays at 2 bars, so it being timestretched??

Also if this can work, can you assign it to a key command, so i can use the arrows to go up and down in semitones on the arrangement/timeline, pitching sounds against each other?
james090
Regular

Re: Pitch down audio in Real Time in Logic X ?

Postby desmond » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:40 pm

No, you can't alter pitch of an audio region using the inspector and have the region length change accordingly.

Probably the closest you can do off the top of my head is use Flex Time in Speed (FX) mode, and option-drag (ie timestretch) the end of your audio region. As you change the length, the pitch will change accordingly. This won't give you select regular pitch changes like 5 or 7 semitones, as you are working with the length and it's that that determines the pitch, but if might be ok for your needs...
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio