You are here

Thunderbird 3 cable for Octopus gadget!

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Re: Thunderbird 3 cable for Octopus gadget!

Postby Howdy Doody Time » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:46 am

Well there was one last hiccup. Apple store sent an email to say my cable was en route but the accompanying photo was of an HDMI cable. I checked and indeed I had ordered the wrong cable.

So I re-ordered the correct Belkin TB3 5k 40 Gbps 2m Cable. Which cost 2890 Baht (Seventy Pounds) and this time elected to pick it up. A tankful of Gas is only thirty quid here, then a further 300 Baht (7 quid and change) for Highway tolls.

70 quid for a cable explains why neither Apple nor UAD supply it, although I would be much happier paying the additional cost in the first place to save the time wasting.

The Apple store is in the Brand New IconSiam shopping centre, which I must say it is fabulous. Apple store is on the 2nd floor and it has a huge garden patio where one can swig coffee and sit on park benches in the sunshine (always summer here)

Back home again my UAD Octopus purchase entitled me to a lot of free UAD plugins , and in addition, a one time only offer for newbies to get various deals. I got Manley Massive Passive, Neve channel strips and AvalonTube VT-737 all for a total of 300 USD for the three!!

Bargain!! As Bill from Stratford once said, It's all reeet if it ends reeet! (not many people know he was a Geordie)
Howdy Doody Time
Frequent Poster
The only excuse we have for making music in the first place is to make it differently..vis-a-vis our own difference (Glenn Gould)

Postby ConcertinaChap » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:40 am

If ever you want a particular plugin from UAD it's worth hanging around if you can for one of their frequent sales, especially the end of year one. I've not paid full price for a UAD plugin yet.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
If you want me I'll be down on Sound on Sound on Sound.

Postby Howdy Doody Time » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:34 am

Noted Mr. Punch
Howdy Doody Time
Frequent Poster
The only excuse we have for making music in the first place is to make it differently..vis-a-vis our own difference (Glenn Gould)

Previous