You are here

Logic Pro X critical issue

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Logic Pro X critical issue

Postby HenBenTurnerWard » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:25 pm

I am happy to WeTransfer my session if I’m not making sense but I will try and explain my current situation. I have a Uni assignment to hand in day after tomorrow which I’ve been working on using their Mac lab.

Yesterday all was going brilliantly until I got home and opened my session on my laptop downloaded from my hardrive and found an error message ‘shortened audio’. Now everything’s re-jumbled the template, nothing fits and some clips are just not meant to be (old comp’d takes).

Of course, I jumped back to the uni Mac, browsed on forums and searched the user manual and thus experimented with buffer, sample-size, inputs etc, even went through every audio file but no luck. I did, however, manage to pull up the template featuring all files where they should be but are completely blank (they do contain the name/heading, however)

Can someone please help me source the audio I worked tirelessly to record? It’s important, and would mean the world if someone out there has an answer- really can’t afford to repeat a 5-hour session with intricate automation. All MIDI files were ‘bounced’ to audio tracks.

(Notes: External MIDI controller used, and Scarlett (both at uni) and my own Yamaha Reface CS Synth was used)
P>S: I have been through all possible saved versions and same issue persists. Happy to send over 2 existing sessions with the audio 1.Current malfunctioning 2. Template with featureless audio clips.
HenBenTurnerWard

Re: Logic Pro X critical issue

Postby desmond » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:41 am

Yes, this sounds like the bug where the audio file headers get nuked in some rare cases. Someone wrote a utility to fix them, I’ll try and dig out the details tomorrow (it was on LogicProHelp recently...)
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby desmond » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:22 pm

Have a read of this:
https://www.davehofmann.de/when-logic-d ... dio-files/

Is this the issue you are having? Or is it something else?
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby CS70 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:27 pm

:shock:

Luckily it's "only" the header that's is written wrong.
But a bug so critical not fixed for several versions sounds real crazy.

I mean with Cakewalk people starts whining when it doesn't automatically re-find the plugin directory they have moved by mistake.. :-D

Kudos to Dave Hoffman - that's what software engineering is all about :clap:
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page

Postby ConcertinaChap » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:26 am

Never hit this problem but it's scary even to read about it! I'm bookmarking this thread in case of need. Thanks Desmond and Dave Hoffman.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
If you want me I'll be down on Sound on Sound on Sound.