You are here

Logic Marker tracks lost?

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Logic Marker tracks lost?

Postby discospring » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:28 am

Hi. I just backed-up my HD as Vienna Symphonic Library's eLicencer is a troubled soul, determined to ruin my life. On restarting Logic I got those dialogue boxes telling me what's great about the new Logic update that I had not updated. Then on opening my projects I find all the Marker tracks have disappeared. When I click in that area to configure the global tracks they aren't even mentioned, it just offers Arrangement, Movie, Transposition and Tempo. I'm working on 10 projects. What on earth has happened?
discospring
Poster

Re: Logic Marker tracks lost?

Postby desmond » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:39 am

What version of Logic were you on, and what have you moved to?

Marker tracks are part of global tracks, but as with many things in Logic, you can configure what's shown and hidden, so you probably just have the marker global track hidden.

Open the global track, command/right-click on one of the global tracks shown (in the track header part), and mark sure "Marker" is ticked (ie, shown). If this is shown, markers will be displayed as a part of the global tracks. If they are hidden, markers will be indicated in the timeline section as in old Logic versions, so you can choose the display you like.

Needless to say, "Advanced Tools" must be enabled in the Preferences, otherwise Logic will be running in Garageband mode, and wil be hiding a lot of stuff from you.
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Re: Logic Marker tracks lost?

Postby discospring » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:16 am

Thank you Desmond.

I’d forgotten about the Advanced Tools tick box. For some reason after backing up Logic had unticked it.
discospring
Poster