You are here

Drag-And-Drop Plug-in Install on Catalina - Is It Possible?

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Drag-And-Drop Plug-in Install on Catalina - Is It Possible?

Postby ITHertz » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:13 am

Hi Folks,

Recently had my faulty Mac Mini replaced. The new one has Catalina installed by default. Catalina has much stricter security than previous Mac OS versions.

I've run into a problem installing plug-ins via the "drag-and-drop" method where they're installed into one of the plug-in System folders by copying.

I initially tried drag-and-drop with a couple of Klanghelm plug-ins (which have an optional installer as well) and received an error message. I then tried the installer however now it seems they've been blacklisted and Studio One doesn't load them.

As an experiment I tried installing one of the free Voxengo plug-ins (all of which install by drag-and-drop) and it has the same problem.

One of the things I've tried is to disable GateKeeper (from the command line) but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Any idea how to install these plug-ins?

Cheers,

Chris
ITHertz
Regular

Re: Drag-And-Drop Plug-in Install on Catalina - Is It Possible?

Postby Ylan Sthlm » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:04 pm

ITHertz wrote:Hi Folks,

Recently had my faulty Mac Mini replaced. The new one has Catalina installed by default. Catalina has much stricter security than previous Mac OS versions.

I've run into a problem installing plug-ins via the "drag-and-drop" method where they're installed into one of the plug-in System folders by copying.

I initially tried drag-and-drop with a couple of Klanghelm plug-ins (which have an optional installer as well) and received an error message. I then tried the installer however now it seems they've been blacklisted and Studio One doesn't load them.

As an experiment I tried installing one of the free Voxengo plug-ins (all of which install by drag-and-drop) and it has the same problem.

One of the things I've tried is to disable GateKeeper (from the command line) but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Any idea how to install these plug-ins?

Cheers,

Chris

I don't have a solution, but only want to ask whether your plug-ins are 64-bit? Since Catalina doesn't run 32-bit software.

Humbly, Ylan
Ylan Sthlm
Poster

Re: Drag-And-Drop Plug-in Install on Catalina - Is It Possible?

Postby ITHertz » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:59 pm

Definitely 64-bit so I don't think that's a problem.
ITHertz
Regular