You are here

EastWest cloud

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

EastWest cloud

Postby DanielBeach » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:39 pm

Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum - I use Logic so it seemed like the most suitable. Please feel free to move it.

I want to invest a little bit of money in instrument/sample plugins, as I'm doing more producing at the moment. However, I don't have THAT much to spend....

I signed up a few weeks ago to EastWest cloud, which seemed incredible value for money.
However, having downloaded some of the libraries, to my ear a lot of the orchestral and guitar sounds are not particularly great, even with keyswitching and good programming.

I just wondered what other people thought.

Also, people's recommendations based on what they use would be useful. I don't create anything "modern" at all - nothing really in the dance/RnB/street/rap/EDM vein at all. Mostly, I'm creating keys/guitar/drums/acoustic-drive tracks - think 80s and 90s pop, with a healthy dose of Eurovision and Musical Theatre thrown in (!!)

I'm an arranger/conductor by trade so know what I want to hear -- and it just seems to me that the "traditional" stuff on EastWest isn't that great.

Any suggestions of a good ROMPLER (think XV-5080 kind of thing but in software) would be appreciated.

Daniel
DanielBeach
Regular

Re: EastWest cloud

Postby desmond » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:07 pm

DanielBeach wrote:Any suggestions of a good ROMPLER (think XV-5080 kind of thing but in software) would be appreciated.

You can get the XV-5080 in software with RolandCloud, if that's what you want...
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Re: EastWest cloud

Postby Tomás Mulcahy » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:00 pm

I'm not a fan of East West tried it for a while to see about the Fab 4 plugin, which was a fun novelty, but the orchestral stuff was inconsistent I thought. VSL and Spitfire are superior IMO. The VSL bundled with NI Kontakt would get you enough orchestra for what you're doing I think, and the rest of the library is very decent bread and butter stuff IMO. The AIR Instrument Expansion Pack is really very good, I think it would suit you given your background. It's often on sale, keep an eye out if you don't want to spend the €500. I use Strike, XPand2 and Loom an awful lot.
Tomás Mulcahy
Frequent Poster