You are here

Logic Pro X 10.5 is out!

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Re: Logic Pro X 10.5 is out!

Postby Chromeman » Fri May 22, 2020 10:18 am

I now seem to be getting System Overload messages which I haven't seen for a long time. I have a pretty powerful 12 core 5,1 Mac Pro but I get these messages regularly when using Drum Machine Designer and the new step sequenecer. Annoying.
Chromeman
Regular

Postby al_diablo » Fri May 22, 2020 7:47 pm

I had a slight bit of difficulty getting Mojave installed but now have it running smoothly. Just reporting back here in case it proves useful to anyone else.

I followed Apple's advice about graphics here and bought a used Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX580 8GB, which works great. Unfortunately it doesn't show the initial pre-boot graphics, including the apple logo or the boot drive selection screen.

The biggest issue was that trying to use the official apple link to download Mojave opened a broken link. Apple support suggested using recovery mode to update from the internet but unfortunately this utility opens before the new GPU lets me see any graphics.

Instead, I downloaded this utility created to install a patched version of Mojave - although I actually used it just to download the normal installer. After that I just installed the update as normal and now I have Logic 10.5 working on Mojave with no bother.
al_diablo
Regular

Postby alfiescotty » Wed May 27, 2020 5:53 pm

I may have gotten lost in the depths of Logic but since the update, I cannot find some of the old producer kits like 'Boutique 808'? The channel strips of these kits still work in my old projects but these kits don't seem to be in the instrument library anymore. Has anyone else had this problem//could just tell me where I've slipped up?!

Thanks in advance if anyone can help :))

I hope this is the correct thread to put this on!
alfiescotty

Postby desmond » Wed May 27, 2020 6:13 pm

I think they've been moved to the new Drum Machine Designer system, rather than being based on the old Ultrabeat system - so try looking for them there...
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby alfiescotty » Wed May 27, 2020 6:24 pm

Thank you so much desmond!! I checked that and no luck but stupidly I never checked going through Ultrabeat when choosing the channel strip and there it is.I think they've just been take off the normal default patch library :) Thank you.
alfiescotty

Postby ConcertinaChap » Wed May 27, 2020 7:59 pm

Have to say I'm very taken with the new "Sends on faders" button on the mixer. Works particularly well with my MCU.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
We are normal and we want our freedom!.

Postby Dave B » Fri May 29, 2020 3:43 pm

ConcertinaChap wrote:Have to say I'm very taken with the new "Sends on faders" button on the mixer. Works particularly well with my MCU.

CC

That came in on a 10.4.x release - possibly one of the last ones, but I've been using that for a while now and I haven't upgraded to 10.5 yet.
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)

Postby ConcertinaChap » Fri May 29, 2020 3:55 pm

There you go. Sometimes don't even see the nose on the front of my face! :)

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
We are normal and we want our freedom!.

Postby redlester » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:40 am

10.5.1 now released, have just installed it.

However, I can't find any release notes for it. Do they publish them for such releases?

Edit: found it now.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718
redlester
Regular

Previous