You are here

I'm having problems with my ultrabeat plug-in

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

I'm having problems with my ultrabeat plug-in

Postby genuselectum » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:03 pm

I seem to be having an issue with my ultrabeat plug-in. After I initially close my project, it seems that all my samples are much quieter, even to the point that I need to turn all my levels up on ultrabeat as well as turning all my other instrumentation down.

I've tried to search the internet but no one else seems to be having the problem, I might just be an idiot but please excuse me as I'm kinda new.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
genuselectum
New here

Re: I'm having problems with my ultrabeat plug-in

Postby desmond » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:31 pm

That's not really enough information to be able to helpfully diagnose anything.

Is it just in this one project? Or all projects? Do you have automation on the UB track, or any mixer channels it's routed through? Plugins? Is the volume fader changing dropping? Do you have MIDI hardware that might be sending MIDI volume events to Logic?

If you can describe your issue better, maybe I can be of better help...
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby G-Doubleyou » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:07 pm

Check for automation, and region automation.

:thumbup:
G-Doubleyou
Frequent Poster
G-Dub Studio G-fx 2011 15inch 2.0GHz quad-core i7 Macbook Pro, LPX 10.3.2
2.3 GHz quad-core i7 Mini

Postby IAA » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:08 pm

Is it just your samples in ultrabeat or is this the case with library kits?
If yes, it may be your samples are recorded low? Can you look at what they’re peaking at?
IAA
Frequent Poster

Postby genuselectum » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:56 pm

desmond wrote:That's not really enough information to be able to helpfully diagnose anything.

Is it just in this one project? Or all projects? Do you have automation on the UB track, or any mixer channels it's routed through? Plugins? Is the volume fader changing dropping? Do you have MIDI hardware that might be sending MIDI volume events to Logic?

If you can describe your issue better, maybe I can be of better help...

Sorry, I'll describe more - I have this issue in every project and only with ultra beat. If I use the samples with another sampler then they won't drop levels.

I have no automation and I can literally create a single kick in ultra beat, save it, close it, reload and the single sample will just be quieter, as if it was just a quiet sample to begin with.

No midi is used so it can't be midi related and the volume fader isn't dropping but the levels are lower.

Thank you for your reply :D
genuselectum
New here

Postby genuselectum » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:58 pm

G-Doubleyou wrote:Check for automation, and region automation.

:thumbup:

I can literally just open up the ultra beat plug-in and make a drum patter, save it, close it, reload it and it will just sound quite without anything else that I can see changing.

Thank you for the reply :)
genuselectum
New here

Postby genuselectum » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:00 pm

IAA wrote:Is it just your samples in ultrabeat or is this the case with library kits?
If yes, it may be your samples are recorded low? Can you look at what they’re peaking at?

It's just my samples when used in ultra beat. If I use the same samples with a different sampler then they won't be any quieter after saving and reloading the project. The samples decent quality ones that I paid for so I don't think the actual samples are the problem. it's just all very confusing.

Thank you for you're reply! :)
genuselectum
New here