You are here

Latest Nuendo version NOT compatible with Latest Catalina

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Latest Nuendo version NOT compatible with Latest Catalina

Postby Howdy Doody Time » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:55 pm

Nuendo 10.3 Anniversary (20 years) edition will not load in latest Catalina 10.15.5. Advised to contact software vendor.

End of another frustrating day. Apple clearly do not consult or advise even major vendors of changes that will disable their software. Cubase Pro is not affected, and still works.
Howdy Doody Time
Frequent Poster
The only excuse we have for making music in the first place is to make it differently..vis-a-vis our own difference (Glenn Gould)

Re: Latest Nuendo version NOT compatible with Latest Catalina

Postby cyrano.mac » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:22 pm

Apple has advised the world long before the changes were being made. Maybe too long, according to some...

The audio world is small. Developers don't follow the latest and greatest immediately. I can understand that. It is, however a major inconvenience if you're forced to buy a new Mac, as it doesn't run previous system software.

My take is "don't upgrade before checking compatibility". As a result, I'm still using El Capitan on my personal machines.
cyrano.mac
Regular

Re: Latest Nuendo version NOT compatible with Latest Catalina

Postby Howdy Doody Time » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:25 pm

It's not so bad really, because it doesn't actually install the latest Nuendo. It says it isn't compatible and please contact vendor. So the previous installation remains active, and it works mostly.
Howdy Doody Time
Frequent Poster
The only excuse we have for making music in the first place is to make it differently..vis-a-vis our own difference (Glenn Gould)