You are here

Mackie Profx12v3 Mixer to MacBook Pro Setup?

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Mackie Profx12v3 Mixer to MacBook Pro Setup?

Postby Ray S » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:07 am

Hi, I just received my Mackie Profx12v3 mixer. I can't find how to setup/route my 2016 MacBook Pro anywhere. I'll be using the mixer as a backup when out DJing. All I want to do is coonnect my MacBook Pro > mixer > powered speakers for iTunes, etc. Setup/settings on the MacBook Pro is where I'm mainly stuck. I'd sincerely appreciate any help for getting me up and going. Thanks, Ray
Ray S
New here

Re: Mackie Profx12v3 Mixer to MacBook Pro Setup?

Postby blinddrew » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:53 am

Might be worth checking your security permissions to make sure that the Mac is allowed to communicate with the Mackie.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Ray S » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:58 am

Thanks for the reply....... I basically need to know what, where and how to set up my MacBook Pro settings. Thanks again, Ray :think:
Ray S
New here

Postby blinddrew » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:46 pm

Well, the Mackie should just appear as a sound option to select in your settings, but I'm only an occasional Mac user and not in the last 6 months since lockdown started so I'll have to defer to one of the experts who'll doubtless be along shortly.
It would probably help if you could say what you've already done and tried and any error messages you've had?
blinddrew
Jedi Poster

Postby Ray S » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:09 pm

Thank you for your help....... I just received it and haven't tried to hook it up yet due to trying to find where/how to download drivers for it. The manual doesn't state anything about this or Mac computer setup. I did find a video on their web site was was for Windows PC's under their "Drivers & Downloads" page. I'm sure all of this would be fairly simple but, I would like to have a jumping off point. I did purchase a nice USB B to USB C cable..... LOL. Thanks again, Ray
Ray S
New here

Postby blinddrew » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:25 pm

If it's class compliant then it shouldn't need any drivers for Mac, should be plug and play.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster

Postby Ray S » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:02 pm

Thanks for the info., Ray
Ray S
New here