You are here

Garageband & OS Mojave ???

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Garageband & OS Mojave ???

Postby DigitalMusicProduction » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:00 am

Hi

Is it possible to install garageband 10.3.5 on a Macbook Pro mid 2012 using mojave?
DigitalMusicProduction
Poster
Music, a universal language that speaks to every soul, a euphoria of moods that helps to sooth heal and love.

Re: Garageband & OS Mojave ???

Postby desmond » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:25 am

As long as your hardware supports Mojave (it does), and GB's min requirements are at least Mojave (yes, min requirements are still High Sierra for GB 10.3.5) then I can't see there are any problems.

Why, do you suspect there might be a problem? Have you tried and something isn't working?
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby DigitalMusicProduction » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:41 pm

desmond wrote:Why, do you suspect there might be a problem? Have you tried and something isn't working?

I've spent the past few days amalgamating all the tech spec compatibility's for a MacBook pro mid 2012 i intend to purchase, hence the reason for posting, but if what you say is accurate, all should be fine, thanks Desmond.
DigitalMusicProduction
Poster
Music, a universal language that speaks to every soul, a euphoria of moods that helps to sooth heal and love.

Postby Sam Spoons » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:54 pm

FWIW I have GB 10.3.2 on my mid 2012 MBP. I don't use t as I prefer Reaper but on the odd occasion I have run it it has behaved as expected.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........