You are here

A new MODX problem....

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

A new MODX problem....

Postby DanielBeach » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:23 pm

Hi All,

All of a sudden, my Yamaha MODX isn't showing up in SOUNDS in System Prefs, or in Midi and Audio settings. Nor in Logic, etc.

Logic IS receiving MIDI information, but I'm not seeing the soundcard/audio interface element of the keyboard show up anywhere. It just disappeared.

I'm connected via the USB cable. I've changed the cable, and I've tried plugging into different USB ports on the mac.

I've made sure the settings on the synth are correct. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Yamaha MIDI driver.

Basically, I've changed nothing, but it's just not showing!

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks,

Daniel
DanielBeach
Regular
Daniel Beach
----------------
Logic Pro X 10.5, Yamaha MODX8 keys, NI Komplete 12, AmpleSound Guitars, various other software!

Re: A new MODX problem....

Postby DanielBeach » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:54 pm

For anybody who may have had similar issues with Montages/MODXs etc., I seem to have solved it.

For some reason, and somehow, the Yamaha Steinberg MIDI driver was installed twice. You’d think this wouldn’t happen, and that one install would replace the other, but when I ran both the extant uninstallers, and then reinstalled one instance of it, everything started working again.

Strange gremlin.....
DanielBeach
Regular
Daniel Beach
----------------
Logic Pro X 10.5, Yamaha MODX8 keys, NI Komplete 12, AmpleSound Guitars, various other software!