You are here

No Catalina

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

No Catalina

Postby baward » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:11 pm

Oh. I went to finally upgrade from Mojave to Catalina, only to be told that the upgrade will be to Big Sur. Is there somewhere I can upgrade to Catalina. And is it actually worth doing now, or should I wait until Big Sur has 'bedded in'?
baward
Regular

Re: No Catalina

Postby desmond » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:19 pm

baward wrote:Oh. I went to finally upgrade from Mojave to Catalina

What is the reason you want to upgrade?

baward wrote:Is there somewhere I can upgrade to Catalina. And is it actually worth doing now, or should I wait until Big Sur has 'bedded in'?

If you google how to download Catalina you'll find links to download it, if you haven't "purchased" it already from the AppStore.

If you're asking, it sounds like you don't have much of a reason to upgrade right now. If it isn't broken, etc...
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby zenguitar » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:22 pm

Try this link from a tutorial on the Macworld site. It should open a page that opens your App Store App on the Catalina download page.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-cat ... 1314?mt=12

This is a link to the tutorial. It's for installing on a bootable drive but includes the all important info you need so might be worth reading first.

https://www.macworld.com/article/344259 ... drive.html

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
liberté, frivolité et vanité

Postby baward » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:23 pm

desmond wrote:
If you're asking, it sounds like you don't have much of a reason to upgrade right now. If it isn't broken, etc...

In the main to stop those pesky reminders to upgrade messages. I thought that Catalina itself had become more stable by now. Otherwise, you're probably right!
baward
Regular

Postby baward » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:24 pm

zenguitar wrote:Try this link from a tutorial on the Macworld site. It should open a page that opens your App Store App on the Catalina download page.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-cat ... 1314?mt=12

Andy :beamup:

Thanks Andy. Methinks a bit more research might be in order.
baward
Regular

Postby Sam Spoons » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:48 pm

baward wrote:
desmond wrote:

In the main to stop those pesky reminders to upgrade messages. I thought that Catalina itself had become more stable by now. Otherwise, you're probably right!

Surely upgrading to Catalina will only change the upgrade notifications to "Please upgrade to Bug Sur" :headbang:
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby baward » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:57 pm

Good point! Still what did I expect for "nothing"? :bouncy:
baward
Regular

Postby blinddrew » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:01 pm

I can't help but feel that "No Catalina" should be the title of a reggae or Jamaican dancehall track.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...