You are here

Bouncing in Logic

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Moderator: Moderators

Bouncing in Logic

Postby DanielBeach » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:23 pm

Sorry, another possibly "dumb" question from me, especially as it's something I think I've done before.

I'm sending a track to a friend for some mixing advice. He has Logic Pro X, but as one external instrument and a couple of plugin instruments which he doesn't have are involved, I need to bounce at least those tracks. I decided the easiest way was to bounce all tracks to audio, into a new project, and send him that.

After a while I realised I could bounce each track to a file individually by Soloing it. Obviously I bounced the external instrument track in real time, so that the track was actually recorded in from the synth.

I wonder if there's an easier way of doing this, in batch, to external files, rather than each one individually?

Thanks
DanielBeach
Regular
Daniel Beach
----------------
Logic Pro X 10.5, Yamaha MODX8 keys, NI Komplete 12, AmpleSound Guitars, various other software!

Re: Bouncing in Logic

Postby desmond » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:26 pm

DanielBeach wrote:Sorry, another possibly "dumb" question from me, especially as it's something I think I've done before.

Did you sort out your previous drum volume query?

DanielBeach wrote:After a while I realised I could bounce each track to a file individually by Soloing it. Obviously I bounced the external instrument track in real time, so that the track was actually recorded in from the synth.

I wonder if there's an easier way of doing this, in batch, to external files, rather than each one individually?

There's a variety of bounce/export options, you can bounce-in-place, export all tracks at once and so on. Use whatever gives you the best results for your application. Obviously you'll be limited to real-time bounces if you're dealing with external instruments (or just record them into the session as audio etc).
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby DanielBeach » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:35 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm getting there with the drums and I'll report back...

I've tried bouncing in place etc, but they don't seem to do what I'm expecting, so....I'll keep trying.

On another completely different note, I've just noticed that my bass guitar track is stereo. Not quite sure why.

How does one specifically create a mono or stereo track in Logic?
DanielBeach
Regular
Daniel Beach
----------------
Logic Pro X 10.5, Yamaha MODX8 keys, NI Komplete 12, AmpleSound Guitars, various other software!

Postby desmond » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:37 pm

There's a button on each channel which determines whether that channel is mono or stereo - it looks like "o" for mono, and "oo" for stereo.

You can of course force a channel into a different format using plugins (eg convert a mono channel to stereo by adding a mono->stereo plugin version).
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio