You are here

Sample Libraries ???

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Moderator: Moderators

Sample Libraries ???

Postby DigitalMusicProduction » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:40 pm

Hi

Regarding sample library's and CPU power, if i intend to work with one sample library without running multiple library's and instruments simultaneously in any given project, would it still be recommended to install the library on a seperate SSD? Or would i be good to go with the stock SSD in a MacBook Pro?

The music production I'm involved in consists of solo piano recordings in Logic, therefore its rare I would ever run a second sample library at the same time. Given the above scenario would this justify being able to run the one library on the stock drive without excessive demand on the CPU?
DigitalMusicProduction
Regular

Music is a universal language that speaks to every person, a euphoria of moods that inspires, convicts and heals 

Re: Sample Libraries ???

Postby desmond » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:25 pm

It’s not a CPU issue, it’s a space issue - if the library won’t fit, you don’t have a choice. Or if it takes up too much space on the internal and you need for other things, that also lets you know your best option.
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Re: Sample Libraries ???

Postby DigitalMusicProduction » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:30 pm

desmond wrote:It’s not a CPU issue, it’s a space issue - if the library won’t fit, you don’t have a choice. Or if it takes up too much space on the internal and you need for other things, that also lets you know your best option.

In that case if i have the drive space i would be good to install the sample library on the internal drive?

I've heard it said drives that are nearly full tend to be slower?
DigitalMusicProduction
Regular

Music is a universal language that speaks to every person, a euphoria of moods that inspires, convicts and heals