You are here

External hard drive for sample libraries and projects?

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: External hard drive for sample libraries and projects?

Postby Watchmaker » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:00 am

Another happy T5 user here. I am pretty devoted to Samsung's storage products
Watchmaker
Frequent Poster
Stop making stupid people famous.

Postby dazzathedrummer » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:49 pm

I got a T7 from Amazon earlier in the week - I haven’t tried it yet but it looks great!
dazzathedrummer
Regular
DazzatheDrummer

Postby nhirst » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:31 pm

+1 for Samsung T5 - I have one for audio and one for samples. Compared w my spinning OWC drives they’re tiny and fast. Plus they came with TB/USB-C (not sure which) and USB-A-to-USB-C cables. T7 therefore likely to be pretty great.
nhirst
Regular
REVERE Bearpark

Postby Luke W » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:59 pm

nhirst wrote:+1 for Samsung T5 - I have one for audio and one for samples. Compared w my spinning OWC drives they’re tiny and fast. Plus they came with TB/USB-C (not sure which) and USB-A-to-USB-C cables. T7 therefore likely to be pretty great.

They really are tiny aren't they!

My only one complaint, and it's a mild one, is that my T7 came with a USB-C cable and a chunky adapter to stick on the end and convert it to a USB-A making the connector rather long in total.

I've just put my latop in a sliding rack shelf, and with the new drive connected the cable sticks out too far from the side of the machine to clear the rack rails. A pretty specific complaint I'll admit, but connectors being longer than they need to bugs me a bit anyway. :lol:
Luke W
Frequent Poster
Studio - Techical Services - Bespoke Construction

Postby OneWorld » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:03 pm

ManFromGlass wrote:I try to buy 2 drives every time I need just one so I can have a clone ready to plug in should there ever be a problem

Me too, there is of course the issue of redundancy, but in the case, Mores Law is applicable - as regards backing up, if more is better then too much is just right,
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Previous