You are here

Ipad + Mouse

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Moderator: Moderators

Ipad + Mouse

Postby ManFromGlass » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:53 pm

File this under Maybe Useful.
I had a powered usb hub connected to my iPad Pro. I plugged in a third party mouse with scroll wheel. It worked.
Still deciding if using the mouse is only good for keeping the fingerprint count low on the ipad screen or actually helpful, as fingers are still needed.
It’s also possible most of you already knew this and I’m just late to the party.
ManFromGlass
Jedi Poster

Re: Ipad + Mouse

Postby desmond » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:09 pm

They added mouse support for this in iOS13 (13.4 I think...) so it's been there for a little while now.
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby ManFromGlass » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:04 pm

Desmond you are seriously in the know about all things Mac!

There is a YouTube of some fellow who hooked a mouse up to his iPhone. I guess he must have a really small work desk surface!! :smirk:
As the lines are blurred a bit more between laptop and ipad I have caught myself reaching to touch the screen on the laptop a few times.
:headbang:
ManFromGlass
Jedi Poster

Postby blinddrew » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:00 pm

ManFromGlass wrote:As the lines are blurred a bit more between laptop and ipad I have caught myself reaching to touch the screen on the laptop a few times.
:headbang:
I used to have a touchscreen laptop, then went to a non-touchscreen one. The first few weeks included a number of jabbing-futilely-at-the-screen moments...
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby shufflebeat » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:56 pm

I might have a play with this. I have a mini Bluetooth keyboard with trackpad which I find really useful for things like Zoom calls where I don't want anyone experiencing the Approaching Finger of Doom as I try to mute the mic or use the chat.

Mouse would be even better.
shufflebeat
Jedi Poster
"Dance, dance. wherever you may be, for I am the Lord of the damp settee..."

Do yourself a favour, wear earplugs at gigs.

Postby Sam Spoons » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:57 pm

If the trackpad works there's no reason why the mouse should not. I like track pads though, for most things in preference to a mouse.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Still taking this recording lark seriously (and trying to record my Gypsy Jazz CD)........