You are here

Logic Pro X Sampler, how to play the non-default groups for an instrument.

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Moderator: Moderators

Logic Pro X Sampler, how to play the non-default groups for an instrument.

Postby forumuser758335 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:03 pm

I'm new to Logic and have not delved deeply into other samplers but I might be over looking something when trying to use LP's new Sampler. If I'm using an instance of it loaded with say the included stock acoustic guitar, it will play the default group fine, but if I select any other group I can only hear it with the preview button. Hitting any note on a keyboard or piano roll switches everything back to the original default group. How do I get to use the supplementary sounds that can add realism to the track?
forumuser758335
djc

Re: Logic Pro X Sampler, how to play the non-default groups for an instrument.

Postby desmond » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:15 pm

You'd need to include a mechanism to switch articulations/groups in your instrument if you want the instrument to do that.

See the articulation handling section in the manual for the full details of how to do this - it's a bit beyond the scope of a forum post.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/l ... 103162/mac

Or are you just asking how to change articulations on an instrument that already has this set up?

Those acoustic guitars are set up to switch articulations by velocity, I believe, the harder velocities up top trigger the other group.
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Re: Logic Pro X Sampler, how to play the non-default groups for an instrument.

Postby forumuser758335 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:20 am

desmond,
thanks very much for your advice. I think you've pointed me in the right direction, but I'm going to have to read the guide carefully in order to use the I.D. system. I'd come across it in connection with key switching for the strings and brass but didn't think it could be applied more widely, so Cheers.
djc.
forumuser758335
djc