You are here

Logic Pro 10.6.2 is out

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Moderator: Moderators

Logic Pro 10.6.2 is out

Postby desmond » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:06 pm

Download from your local AppStore etc. Release notes:

New in Logic Pro 10.6.2

Stability and reliability
Fixes an issue where Logic Pro may quit unexpectedly when using Bass Amp Designer under Rosetta 2 on a Mac with Apple silicon.
Improved stability when using Audio Units running natively on a Mac with Apple silicon.
Logic Pro no longer becomes unresponsive when quickly changing presets on the Vintage Organ.
Resolves an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when renaming Arrangement Markers after a Marker Set has been created
Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when Explode Folders is selected for a folder in the Score.

Performance
Large sample-based instruments now load more quickly.
The playhead no longer appears to be stuck when playback is started after the computer wakes from sleep.
Performance is improved in large projects in which the Console 1 Lua script is installed.

Sampler and Quick Sampler
Manually created slices in Quick Sampler are now properly assigned to pads when converted to a Drum Machine Designer kit.
Optimizing the Loop Start/End in Quick Sampler now updates the loop playback range as expected.
Automating Smart Controls to modulate Envelope 1 Attack in Sampler now sounds correct when the display shows the value returned to 0.

Live Loops
MIDI Live Loops cells that are set to Play from Playhead Position now play back in sync when triggered while the project is playing.

Plug-ins
Resolves an issue in which some multi-output Audio Unit software instruments showed more outputs than were actually available.
MIDI effect Audio Unit plug-ins running natively on a Mac with Apple silicon now output MIDI as expected.
Controls View is now available on Audio Units running natively on on a Mac with Apple silicon.
Performance is improved when streaming audio to Elektron hardware using the Elektron Overbridge plug-in.

Mixer
The Mixer now displays correctly after Hide buttons on several tracks have been enabled.
Fixes an issue where high latency plug-ins could cause timing issues for Side Chain routing and automation

Content
Time Machine volumes can no longer be selected as the destination when relocating the Sound Library.
Resolves an issue in which relocating the Sound Library to an external drive was not possible.

Automation
Automation of toggled parameters for Audio Unit plug-ins now work as expected.
Export and bounce
Regions that are bounced in place are now named based on the Track, rather than the Channel Strip.

Fades
Edits applied with the Fade tool to multiple selected regions now work as expected.

Smart Controls
Fixes an issue where touching the Limiter level parameter in the Smart Controls can cause an unexpected drop in level.

Track Stacks
The names of sub-tracks in a software instrument track stack now display properly.

MIDI controllers and control surfaces
Resolves several issues with Lua script support for control surfaces.
When a Drum Machine Designer track is selected, control surfaces now display the channel strip as Drum Machine Designer instead of displaying the name of the audio plug-in on the first insert slot.

General
If the left and right locators are set to the same position and Cycle is enabled, putting Logic Pro into play mode now disables Cycle.
Fixes an issue where the playhead might not respond correctly after the Mac wakes from sleep.
A highlighted Marquee section is now dismissed after it is Option-dragged to copy the selection.
Marquee selections are now deselected after the Repeat function is used.
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Re: Logic Pro 10.6.2 is out

Postby Dan LB » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:14 am

Updated :thumbup:

Thanks desmond!
Dan LB
Frequent Poster

Postby MarkOne » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:07 am

I had a mail from Softube last night warning that Console1 users might find some freezing issues particularly with the American class A strip, so have advised holding off for now. Which is a bit of a bummer as I have automatic updates on and it's already installed. Ho Hum,
MarkOne
Frequent Poster
Debut Album 'Fantasy Bridge' available now!

Postby desmond » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:37 am

I recommend turning auto updates for mission critical software off and take control over when and what you update.

I also recommend saving a previous copy of the Logic Pro application before updating, so if something should happen that affects you, you can easily revert (it's not so easy to get old versions from the AppStore, frustratingly). I'm sure you can retrieve the earlier version from your backups if you didn't save a copy...
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby ConcertinaChap » Sat May 01, 2021 12:16 pm

Still on Mojave here so not visible to me. Do you need Catalina or Big Sur for it?

TIA,

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
Every disaster movie starts with a scientist ignored.

Postby desmond » Sat May 01, 2021 12:24 pm

It’s Catalina for 10.6.x.
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby s_e_a_n » Sat May 01, 2021 7:31 pm

desmond wrote:It’s Catalina for 10.6.x.
I'm on Catalina and not seeing it.
s_e_a_n
Regular
Programmer, sound engineer, artist, musician

Postby BobTheDog » Sat May 01, 2021 8:11 pm

s_e_a_n wrote:

Try again after muttering "Apple are great" a few times while leaving the "App Store" app open.

It worked for me with Catalina
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster

Postby Humble Bee » Sat May 01, 2021 8:34 pm

BobTheDog wrote:
s_e_a_n wrote:

Try again after muttering "Apple are great" a few times while leaving the "App Store" app open.

It worked for me with Catalina

Works every time! :lol:
Humble Bee
Regular

Postby ConcertinaChap » Sat May 01, 2021 9:08 pm

How are Catalina and Big Sur currently regarded by the congnoscenti? I like to remain a couple of releases behind the Latest And Greatest but if I'm missing out on useful stuff I may have to think again.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster

Postby Dan LB » Sat May 01, 2021 9:24 pm

ConcertinaChap wrote:How are Catalina and Big Sur currently regarded by the congnoscenti? I like to remain a couple of releases behind the Latest And Greatest but if I'm missing out on useful stuff I may have to think again.

CC

Catalina is working out fine for me but I’m literally only using the computer for Logic and email
Dan LB
Frequent Poster

Postby BobTheDog » Sat May 01, 2021 10:20 pm

ConcertinaChap wrote:How are Catalina and Big Sur currently regarded by the congnoscenti? I like to remain a couple of releases behind the Latest And Greatest but if I'm missing out on useful stuff I may have to think again.

CC

So I have machines running Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur.

The one I use for most the time is still on Mojave, I don't miss much from the others and it still has the advantage of running more software and all my hardware working with it.
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster

Postby ConcertinaChap » Mon May 03, 2021 5:30 pm

So you're still finding limitations on the software and hardware with Catalina? Thanks for that.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster

Postby BobTheDog » Tue May 04, 2021 1:24 pm

ConcertinaChap wrote:So you're still finding limitations on the software and hardware with Catalina? Thanks for that.

CC

The main issue for me is still 32 bit stuff, I guess if you don't rely on any 32 bit software upgrading to Catalina would not be a problem while Big Sur possibly might be depending on drivers.

For me Catalina and Big Sur just seem to add more and more restrictions without actually giving you much extra in return, this is possibly just me though.

The main issue is that Apple drop development pretty quickly for old versions, so if you want the latest Logic you have to be on Catalina and soon you will have to be on Big Sur.
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster

Postby ConcertinaChap » Thu May 06, 2021 8:57 pm

Indeed so.

Thanks.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster