You are here

Logic - splitting a Producer Kit into separate parts

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Moderator: Moderators

Logic - splitting a Producer Kit into separate parts

Postby alfredo » Fri May 14, 2021 5:07 pm

Hi,

I've got a 'Producer Kit' drum track in Logic (10.6.1) and I'm trying to get it into the separate kit parts so I can give them all their own channel, FX etc.

At the moment, the MIDI is showing in the top 'stack' channel and when I click the down arrow on that, I can see all the different channels (but with no MIDI info in them) and I can apply FX etc to each individual channel through the mixer.

How do I get each part onto their own track (with the FX I've already set up ) so I can convert each one to separate audio?

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks,

Pete
alfredo
Regular

Re: Logic - splitting a Producer Kit into separate parts

Postby Wease » Tue May 18, 2021 6:19 pm

level 1
LogicProGEM_com
3 years ago
You have to click on the disclosure triangle on the Main Track of the Drummer Track (in the Tracks Area) to display all the individual Subtracks. Now select the Drum Tracks you want to export as audio files and go to the Main Menu command File ➤ Export ➤ n Tracks as Audio Files (or use Key Command cmd+E).

Ahh google....what a friend you are....(and reddit)

You are nearly there Alfredo. It looks like you just bounce the individual tracks (those tracks you can see in the stack with ‘nothing’ in them. I only suppose you’d want to do this for 2 reasons....relieving resources or a personal preference to ‘see each track’ on screen in audio...which I get as a workflow thing. I’d keep the midi file tho as well, just in case you come across a “better” drum plugin.

Love

Wease
Wease
Frequent Poster
http://soundcloud.com/seaapes

Re: Logic - splitting a Producer Kit into separate parts

Postby alfredo » Thu May 20, 2021 3:13 pm

Thanks Wease.

Tried that but thought I'd done something wrong till I realised the separated audio wasn't being rerouted through the original track's bus (which had got EQ and compression on it) and that was why it was sounding a bit odd.

Guess my lesson learnt for today is bounce to audio first before adding EQ etc!

Cheers,

Pete
alfredo
Regular