You are here

Using multiple m-audio delta cards one on pc

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Using multiple m-audio delta cards one on pc

Postby timmah » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:59 am

Hello all.

Im looking at buying a delta 1010lt to go with my delta 44 so i can do analogue mixdowns. i have read a bit of the massive thread in the old forum about various problems people were having with running multiple deltas. it seems the problems were fixed with linking the two cards via spdif. now since my delta 44 doesnt have spdif connections does this mean i cant do this? or has m-audio updated the drivers so everything works sweet.
any experience or comments would be most helpful.
im using logic 5.5 on an AMD based PC.

thanks all
:bouncy:
timmah

Re: Using multiple m-audio delta cards one on pc

Postby Jim Y » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:19 pm

I can't tell you it does work, but I have seen claims that it does (sync via the driver only, that is).

Anyway, if you definately need more i/o, then your Delta44 sinks (no pun!) or swims. If it won't work with another card, then it will have go anyway?
Jim Y
Regular

Postby Rick Taylor » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:04 pm

There was a short thread, a while back, on the linux audio users list regarding the ability to synch 2 delta 44s through the xp kernel. I'm sure there's more information about it out here.

...Only works with 2 44s though.
Rick Taylor
Regular

Postby Jim Y » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:06 pm

Though it may be that it was two Delta44's in that instance, I don't think the Delta drivers "multicard sync" option is meant to be exlusive to the 44. As far as I can see, the Delta range are all based on the IC-Ensemble Envy24 chip, use the same driver, and differ only in the amount of i/o and the type of AK converters.
Jim Y
Regular