You are here

Merge files with nuendo 3??

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Moderator: Moderators

Merge files with nuendo 3??

Postby zaphin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:35 am

Hi there,

I'm currently using Nuendo 3 and I'm working on a sound design commission. I recorded poetry a while back for a prototype for this project and have just recorded a second batch. I now have to combine the old recordings with the new file (which I spent ages sequencing).

I'd like to import the old recordings into the new file. I can do this by saving as an AAF file which keeps the track automation - but I really want to import the tracks with their EQ/Compression/DeEsser/Reverb (ect) plugins and settings attached to save re-doing this work. Does anyone know if this is possible in good old Nuendo 3???

I have thought of a different solution to my problem, but it'd be great to know if this is possible as I'm sure this will crop up again for me.

Thanks and happy noise making,

Martin
zaphin
Poster

Re: Merge files with nuendo 3??

Postby The Elf » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:54 am

You could save the mixer channel settings, import the audio into the old project, then load the channel settings again. This assumes that the audio the channel settings will act upon is the same in both old and new, or you can’t be sure the result will be the same.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby BJG145 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:03 am

(There's a note here that might be worth a look.)
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Postby zaphin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:55 pm

Hey,

Thanks for the tips. I couldn't actually find a way of doing it quickly and so I just decided to save all my plugin settings as presets, copy and pasted the tracks over (which took all the automation too) and then re-loaded the plugins with the presets I'd just saved.

Bit long winded I feel - but didn't take too long.. Am I suffering here because I'm using such an old version of Nuendo - would this be a simple task in the new Nuendo or in Logic?? Or is it still an issue..

Thanks again,

Martin
zaphin
Poster

Postby The Elf » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:06 pm

As I said, just right-click the mixer channel and save it - you can then load it back in with all its settings *including all plug-ins* intact. It's very quick and simple - unless Nuendo differs greatly from Cubase.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby zaphin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Ah, I didn't realise you meant to right click on the channel... I tried but I can't see any "save channel" options. The only option that looks possible relevant is the "set record folder" option.

I'll look into what that does when I have time, unless you know if that's not the right option for this..

Cheers,
Martin
zaphin
Poster