You are here

Where are my song files in Windows Media Player?

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Where are my song files in Windows Media Player?

Postby starman9 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:44 pm

I hope someone can help. I need to locate the file for a particular song that is in my Windows Media Player (as I wish to import the file into Cubase....) I see that only SOME of the song files in a particular playlist are where they 'should' be (ie. 'My Music')...

So anyone know how to find where a song file is located? I'm sure there is an embarrassingly obvious answer to this but I can't for the life of me find it!
starman9
Regular

Re: Where are my song files in Windows Media Player?

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:48 pm

Hi starman999!

Just use the Windows Search function to look for *.mp3, and it should display a list of all the MP3 files across your various hard drives/partitions, complete with full filepaths.

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Exalted Wombat » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:39 am

If you R-click on the title in WMP, options will include "Properties" and "Open File Location". EIther will steer you to the actual file.

Lots of people think this way. "Where's the file?" "It's in Word". "No, where is it REALLY?" "I told you, in Word!!!" I went through sonme very frustrating support sessions until I fell in :-)
Exalted Wombat
Jedi Poster
You don't have to write songs. The world doesn't want you to write songs. It would probably prefer it if you didn't. So write songs if you want to. Otherwise, dont bore us with beefing about it. Go fishing instead.

Postby starman9 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:13 am

Thank you both. Found it!
starman9
Regular