You are here

Nuendo 3-pan automation gone crazy

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Nuendo 3-pan automation gone crazy

Postby zaphin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi there,

My pan automation on one of my tracks has gone crazy. I can set it to extreme Left ok - goes up to "99" and then "L". But at one point the automation has gone off the channel display and says that it is "R21567".

I can't see the points where this supposed "R21567" is, so can't click on them to move them back into the 1-99 range. So at that point in the track I can't actually alter the pan on that track...

Has anyone encountered this before? Is there a fix?

Many thanks for any help!

Martin
zaphin
Poster

Re: Nuendo 3-pan automation gone crazy

Postby zaphin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:33 pm

Ah - I put a mono sample on a stereo channel - could it be to do with this?
zaphin
Poster

Postby zaphin » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:47 pm

Anyone have a solution??

It's happening a fair bit and means I can't do any more automation on that channel... Quite a big problem..

Cheers,

Martin
zaphin
Poster

Postby The Elf » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Can you create a new track and re-import the audio file into it? That should get you up and running.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby zaphin » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:17 pm

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. They're pretty huge tracks with lots of imports on them so it's a bit difficult... I have found that I can copy and paste other automation over the problem areas - it doesn't fix the whole channels issues but it lets me re-do the problem areas at least...

It's really weird, never happened before, hopefully it's just an issue in this project - never to return!
zaphin
Poster