You are here

upgrading from cubase studio 4 to studio 5 or 6?

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

upgrading from cubase studio 4 to studio 5 or 6?

Postby charlie chalk » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:45 pm

Hey peeps

I need some advice. I make electronic music and am currently using cubase studio 4 on a PC with 2 gig of ram runnning windows XP home, and a motu 828 mk2 as my soundcard. Anyways, after recently suffering some computer problems; which are mainly to do with lack of memory, I have finally decided that its time to upgrade the whole computer, get windows 7 and also upgrade cubase. Now that cubase 6 has arrived, should I just upgrade straight to cubase 6 and skip 5, is this even possible? or shall I upgrade to cubase studio 5.

hope that all makes sense

thanks in advance

Charlie
charlie chalk
Regular

Re: upgrading from cubase studio 4 to studio 5 or 6?

Postby charlie chalk » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:49 pm

Thankyou all for advice and help!

Looks like I'm going to go for cubase artist 6 running 64-bit windows...can't wait

just got to find the money :-(

thanks again all

charlie
:angel:
charlie chalk
Regular

Postby crofter » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:41 am

There is no upgrade from Studio 4 to Artist 6, you have to go for the full version or pay the full price for Artist.Steinberg say that Artist 6 would be a downgrade from Studio 4, initially dubious about that I eventually bought the full upgrade, £168 is a good price and I'm pleased I did.
crofter
Regular

Postby charlie chalk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:29 pm

crofter wrote:There is no upgrade from Studio 4 to Artist 6, you have to go for the full version or pay the full price for Artist.Steinberg say that Artist 6 would be a downgrade from Studio 4, initially dubious about that I eventually bought the full upgrade, £168 is a good price and I'm pleased I did.

Thanks for the tip crofter! spoke my friend last night who is going to build the computer and we both spotted that one, you've just saved me a phone call to steinberg!

thanks again

Charlie
charlie chalk
Regular

Postby crofter » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:39 pm

charlie chalk wrote:
crofter wrote:There is no upgrade from Studio 4 to Artist 6, you have to go for the full version or pay the full price for Artist.Steinberg say that Artist 6 would be a downgrade from Studio 4, initially dubious about that I eventually bought the full upgrade, £168 is a good price and I'm pleased I did.

Thanks for the tip crofter! spoke my friend last night who is going to build the computer and we both spotted that one, you've just saved me a phone call to steinberg!

thanks again

Charlie

If you get the upgrade to 6 from a retailer it will probably be cheaper than from the Steinberg shop, like this,
http://www.andertons.co.uk/music-software/pid20063/cid611/steinberg-cubase-6-upgrade-from-studio-4-38-5.asp
crofter
Regular

Postby charlie chalk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:32 pm

[/quote]
If you get the upgrade to 6 from a retailer it will probably be cheaper than from the Steinberg shop, like this,
http://www.andertons.co.uk/music-software/pid20063/cid611/steinberg-cubase-6-upgrade-from-studio-4-38-5.asp [/quote]

thanks for the tip! wicked stuff

am gonna start ordering everything this friday....

cheers

Charlie
charlie chalk
Regular