You are here

Installing a UAD-2 causes my UAD-1s to stop working.

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Re: Installing a UAD-2 causes my UAD-1s to stop working.

Postby Combo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:50 am

Jadoube wrote:They should just admit they don't ssupport UAD-1 on Win 7 x64.
They admitted they don't support UAD-1 on anything a year or so back.
Combo
Frequent Poster
Not an expert.

Postby Jadoube » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:32 pm

britney wrote:
Jadoube wrote:They should just admit they don't support UAD-1 on Win 7 x64.
They admitted they don't support UAD-1 on anything a year or so back.

they don't support it... but they still market it as a feature. See my post above.

From my own extensive experience in software... you can't really have it both ways. Or you can until you get sued or feel guilty enough. It was a complete surprise to me that the UAD-1s were no longer supported.

I know that nothing in a computer is forever or even long lived... but you would never understand that you MIGHT not be able to run UAD-1s and 2s in a system together from a casual glance at the literature. I am sure there is a disclaimer somewhere but admit it... it's a bit cheeky?

Anyways... I did some fine mixin last night on my new Quad card. There is that at least. UA are a pretty good bunch all in all; in the end they did help me a bit... Certainly the support folks did what they could (I had to force the issue a bit and complain)...but you gotta watch those sales and marketing folks all the time! And all in all the UAD plugs are a great tool. Otherwise I wouldn't be so bent out of shape when something about them breaks!
Jadoube
Regular
_________
David

Postby Billum » Fri May 06, 2011 2:39 pm

For the record, v5.9 of the UAD software (out yesterday) makes no difference to this issue, despite one of the changes being 'improvements to load sharing'. It's still the case that all plugins except Dimension D, Pultec (not Pro), and Cambridge (and of course some of the Nigel suite) will only ever run on the UAD-2 card (on Win7 64bit).

Disappointed... :protest:
Billum
Regular

Previous