You are here

Mouse clicking/Opening windows glitching audio

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Mouse clicking/Opening windows glitching audio

Postby backbeatdeano » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:30 am

Hey guys, ive just done a clean install of windows 7 on me puty, but have noticed a weird glitch.

When im opening new windows, loading things, moving things around, or clicking the mouse, the audio will cut out for a brief moment. Also in sonar, when just clicking the mouse along the time line, it's making a little clicking sound.

I havent had this problem with any of my hardware on my other partition. Im guessing this may be linked to graphics?

Anyone with any ideas on why this is happening and how to rectify it?

cheers now!
deano
:-)
:headbang:
backbeatdeano
Poster

Re: Mouse clicking/Opening windows glitching audio

Postby Martin Walker » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:24 am

Hi deano!

In my experience most background audio noises connected with graphic/mouse/hard drive activity turn out to be ground loop related.

Try my dedicated thread here for advice:

www.soundonsound.com/forum/showflat.php ... ber=222392

Hope this helps!

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Parco » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:02 am

hi backbeatdeano,

Try to have a look on my this thread
http://www.soundonsound.com/forum/showf ... ber=895990

That I had been talked about how to tweaks all your audio signals into the most extremely max. priority.
Are you using ASIO or WASAPI now?

You may need to check for your own audio configs, boost the audio threads into the highest priority, run the whole process in a real-time priority, and modify the MMCSS part and IRQ priority part inside the Windows Registry.
Then, just a reboot and all things would be applied ;)
Parco
Regular
Sonar PLT + Foobar2000 -> ASIO + MMCSS + Windows 10 -> SIIG NN-E20012-S2 -> Echo AudioFire 4 -> HH MX250 + Wharf Delta70 A native USA style contemporary R&B artist in HongKong

Postby backbeatdeano » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi Martin & Parco!

@Martin...i had a read through your post, but i have a dual boot system, and im not getting any of these problems on the other boot, (which is also windows 7) so that would lead me to believe that it isn't a psu problem.

im going to double check that i've got the latest drivers, and re install them...but i think i've got the same ones installed on both boots, so not sure that is going to remedy it.

i'll let you know how i get on.

cheeers!!
...d : 8-)
backbeatdeano
Poster