You are here

setup usb keyboard with nuendo 3

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

setup usb keyboard with nuendo 3

Postby zaphin » Sat May 07, 2011 4:32 pm

Hi all,

I'm having some problems with my new usb keyboard and was hoping for some tips on getting it to work with nuendo 3. i've only ever used my old korg x5D as a midi trigger and it works well. i connect it to my audio interfaces midi in and out ports and use it to trigger various midi channels runnimg vst's like alchemy, battery, orchestral vsts...ect. It all works well.

I just bought a small midi keyboard (the akai LPK25) to work on the move - this connects via usb, so is plugged straight into the computer.. im trying to now work on a project with the akai replacing the korg, but i cant get the akai to trigger my vst's!

Any help on how to set this up would be very much apreciated!

Cheers,
martin
zaphin
Poster

Re: setup usb keyboard with nuendo 3

Postby Martin Walker » Mon May 09, 2011 1:30 pm

It should just be a matter of enabling the new MIDI In inside Cubase, but make sure your new keyboard is plugged in BEFORE you open Cubase, as USB devices won’t appear on the list otherwise :headbang:

Martin
Martin Walker

Re: setup usb keyboard with nuendo 3

Postby zaphin » Wed May 11, 2011 7:48 pm

Thanks for that,

Do you mean to add the Akai in the Nuendo's Device Setup/Midi in? Is this what I have to do? I've been sure to plug the usb in before starting up nuendo, but there is no option for the Akai here? Am I looking in the right place and if so, is there another way around it??

Thanks loads for the help! I'm back home now, and ended up just adding midi parts with the mouse in the end, not ideal but got the job done! Would love to get this little keyboard working in the meantime though..

All the best,

Martin
zaphin
Poster