You are here

digital mixer for external control of cubase 5?

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: digital mixer for external control of cubase 5?

Postby Vlaaing Peerd » Tue May 24, 2011 11:59 am

hard to find it cheaper, if you have less to spend you could have a look at the Behringer BCF2000. Nice thingy and with motorised faders too.
Vlaaing Peerd
Poster
who is Kees and why is he so special?

Postby Synth-lord » Tue May 24, 2011 12:39 pm

Ahh now I'm intrigued.

I am a user of Behringer hardware so I think this would be of more interest to me anyway. I'm impressed by the demonstration video.

Good call Vlaaing Peerd...
Synth-lord
New here

Postby Exalted Wombat » Tue May 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Synth-lord wrote:I am a user of Behringer hardware so I think this would be of more interest to me anyway. I'm impressed by the demonstration video.

Brand loyalty to Behringer? What next! :-)
Seriously, brand loyalty to ANYTHING is a foolish reason to choose gear.

Looking at both these units online, it seems the Novation faders are a bit small for a pleaant mixing experience. The whole thing looks as if it was designed as the control panel of a keyboard, without enough depth for nice faders. The Behringer looks more ergonomic. But it's been around some time, and shows as out of stock on the few suppliers I've checked. Is there anything we should know?
Exalted Wombat
Jedi Poster
You don't have to write songs. The world doesn't want you to write songs. It would probably prefer it if you didn't. So write songs if you want to. Otherwise, dont bore us with beefing about it. Go fishing instead.

Postby Synth-lord » Tue May 24, 2011 4:11 pm

I'll admit there have been many negative reviews of Behringer in the past but my Behringer hardware still serves me well so I'd hazard a guess that it's not going to be too bad...

I am slightly concerned about the lack of rotary switches on the BCF2000, they built the BCR2000 to cater for the use of rotary for things like EQ and Reverb parameters, though I would've liked to have spent £180 on something that has both rather than £250 on 2 separate items admittedly...

Perhaps there are better DAW controllers out there that would serve me well?
Synth-lord
New here