You are here
Software for live backing tracks
Facilities needed :
- play a wav until it finishes then stop or be silent
- start/stop/go back to the beginning on a key press
- playlist or fast random access facility
- ability to enter into a cycle or loop in the song and then exit with a key press (for talking to the audience over a "vamp" à la Everybody Needs Somebody in The Blues Brothers
Currently using Cubase controlled through a midi pedal and Bome's Midi Translator but it is really a bit too unreliable and complex for live use. Needs something like OnstagePlayer but with the cycle/loop facility.
There must be something out there but I just don't seem to be able to find it . . . .
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:00 pm
- Location: Royan, FRANCE
Show Cue System - http://www.showcuesystems.com/
SCS is far more flexible for things like loops, but it's not free. You can do loops etc on Multiplay but they need a lot more prep... but it is free!
I use both for running theatre shows and they work really well.
- New here
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:00 am
TheChorltonWheelie wrote:rborsey wrote:Hi. Anybody know of some good (and preferably cheap or free) software for playing back wav files on a PC. I perform mostly as a duo with backing tracks.
This is not cheap or free
- johnny h
- Frequent Poster (Level2)
- Posts: 3554
- Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:00 pm
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users